Got a few questions

Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums and wanted to drop by and introduce myself.

I've been playing Sacred 2 for a little while now and I've got a few questions I'd like to toss into the ring as it were.

I have tried searching this stuff on the SacredWiki as well as these forums but couldn't find any answers...

#1: Found a scroll, when I right-click it to read nothing happens.

#2: What are Achievement Points for?

#3: When I'm playing Sacred 2, it minimizes to the taskbar, on it's lonesome, about every 40 minutes or so (on average).

PC Specs

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Core @ 2.83Ghz

RAM: 3.25 GB (actually 4 GB)

Video: GeForce 9500 GT w/512 Mb RAM

Current Sacred 2 version: v2.40.0 (latest patch)

Any help would be appreciated :)

Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums and wanted to drop by and introduce myself.

I've been playing Sacred 2 for a little while now and I've got a few questions I'd like to toss into the ring as it were.

I have tried searching this stuff on the SacredWiki as well as these forums but couldn't find any answers...

#1: Found a scroll, when I right-click it to read nothing happens.

#2: What are Achievement Points for?

#3: When I'm playing Sacred 2, it minimizes to the taskbar, on it's lonesome, about every 40 minutes or so (on average).

PC Specs

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Core @ 2.83Ghz

RAM: 3.25 GB (actually 4 GB)

Video: GeForce 9500 GT w/512 Mb RAM

Current Sacred 2 version: v2.40.0 (latest patch)

Any help would be appreciated :)

Good morning ShieldWolfX and welcome to Dark Matters, I'm a little stumped on your issues but there is a patch v2.43. Available at http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...s_and_Downloads

I can answer the achievements question. they are basically for fun. The give the player challenges that encourage them to explore the game. The are very common on the console versions such as Xbox360 which have a huge Gamerscore system for all Xbox360 games.

Since #1 and #2 have been answered I'll take a stab at #3

I would make sure that your drivers for both your Video and Sound cards are up to date. I thought I remember something about quad cores but will need to do a little digging around to see if I can find it again.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

RE #1: Is it even worth to sell to merchants?

RE #2: Ah, I thought maybe if you got a certain number of Achievement Points that it would unlock something (other than the locked achievements)

RE #3: I looked on the NVidia website and found they had newest drivers dated October/09 (for my model) so my video drivers are up to date now.

My game is still minimizing on its' own even after that. I did read somewhere else that Sacred 2 is a resource hog when it comes to quad core processors and that the game will

do what I am experiencing to "refresh" the memory. Getting the latest patch for the game as I'm typing this as well.

I will google a quad core fix and get back on results.

Couple things to try

disable PhysX in Nvidia controls

temporarily disable any background programs that are running like IM, auto-updaters and virus scanners

Still haven't found that thread about quad cores but still looking

You didn't mention that you verified Sound drivers are up to date - make sure they are. A lot of weird things can happen otherwise

Just went to the RealTek website and am downloading latest drivers for Audio right now.

With my graphics AND Sacred 2 both patched up to current and it's still minimizing (but not as much).

Will try turning PhysX off for the GPU and will test again after updating Audio drivers.

*edit*

Well, did everything I can think of to update my system and the game's still minimizing on its' own.

GPU: Updated to Nov/09 (PhysX disabled)

Audio: Updated to Oct/09 (hardware acceleration set to minimum: voices stutter in-game now :\ )

Mouse: Updated (and deactivated side buttons)

DirectX: Updated to v9.0c

Keyboard: Updating now

Anitvirus: Ran a full scan yesterday and found a few bugs on my system. Removed infected files.

Still think it has to do with a memory "leak", can't track it while the game is running full screen though.

Looked up that thread about two and four-core processors.

Seems the problem isn't with the number of cores in ones' CPU, but a possible issue with using up all

the video memory my card has...again, can't verify that while my game is running in fullscreen mode.

Edited by ShieldWolfX