PhysX - Beautiful, but unstable.

I notice when I have the extra PhysX effects enabled, the game is a LOT less stable, despite it being absolute gorgeous. Use any sort of spell with a lot of fancy effects, and you'll see what I mean. Does anyone else have this issue?

I notice when I have the extra PhysX effects enabled, the game is a LOT less stable, despite it being absolute gorgeous. Use any sort of spell with a lot of fancy effects, and you'll see what I mean. Does anyone else have this issue?

I usually don't use it for that reason. the FPS goes up down a lot. takes a pretty hot rig to run and speed with the PhysX on. I have a i5 quad running at 3.8Ghz and GTX260 GPU and it is still unstable.

Your right though, it is beautiful!

I usually don't use it for that reason. the FPS goes up down a lot. takes a pretty hot rig to run and speed with the PhysX on. I have a i5 quad running at 3.8Ghz and GTX260 GPU and it is still unstable.

I don't mean FPS instability. My PC runs it fine, plus I have an 8800GTS acting as my PhysX card along with a GTX260. Also have an i7 920 running at 4.2ghz. Sacred 2 gives me many more random crashes when PhysX is on. I could try sys purging more often to prevent it, but meh. Before you say it's because I've overclocked, UT3 runs extremely stable even when using the special PhysX maps. No crashes, although FPS drops do happen during really intense scenes. Crysis is a solid 60fps for me at all times.

I don't mean FPS instability. My PC runs it fine, plus I have an 8800GTS acting as my PhysX card along with a GTX260. Also have an i7 920 running at 4.2ghz. Sacred 2 gives me many more random crashes when PhysX is on. I could try sys purging more often to prevent it, but meh. Before you say it's because I've overclocked, UT3 runs extremely stable even when using the special PhysX maps. No crashes, although FPS drops do happen during really intense scenes. Crysis is a solid 60fps for me at all times.

interesting! I have plenty of crashes, but so do a lot of people and we all run different gear. interesting about PhysX making it worse. has anything changed as far as crashes since installing I & B. I don't mean cuz of the work around but the new expansion itself

interesting! I have plenty of crashes, but so do a lot of people and we all run different gear. interesting about PhysX making it worse. has anything changed as far as crashes since installing I & B. I don't mean cuz of the work around but the new expansion itself

Not that I noticed (provided you install the 2.65.1 patch if you're using Windows 7.) It's as stable as it always was, but since I just built this machine, I decided to try turning everything on and that's when I noticed the crashes. It's a shame - The Dragon Mage has a tornado spell that looks absolutely amazing with the PhysX particles on, since it tosses pebbles, leaves, dust, etc all over the place. REALLY great looking.