The DZM-1 'Dampfläufer'

chattius

DZM-1 'Dampfläufer' --- Dampfbetriebenes Zerstörer Modell 1

steam powered destroyer modell 1 'Steamrunner'

Since my wife had 12pm-8pm shift at hospital this week I did the same shift at volunteer fire fighters in hope that x-mas are what they should be: peaceful. So we did some playing while waiting for a phone ring. A collegue has 2 boys playing sacred 2 too, so we did some Sacred 2 in LAN. We started with new characters to have some fun in finding stuff again. My job was it to create the party smith. I didn't want a overpowered character to kill every mob before the kids were able to do something on their own. The character should be roleplayed a bit, so I had to do a background for my character.

It was found by some archaelogists in very deep layers below more recent Temple Guardian modells. It has no battery and no energy shield because it is steam driven, using high energy dwarven coal. It's steam rotary engine has spear like valves which open very wide to lower steam pressure. It is able to unload it's burning coal from time to time. Some rust which moved into the engine is now doing some disonance which drives people crazy every few seconds. The air is pressed together blocking light bullets if it happens.....

From all this I did following, in brackets the skill points at current level 65:

tactics (65)

devout guardian focus (65)

swords (65)

armour (5)

speed lore (1)

blacksmith (1)

source warden focus (31)

concentration (11)

constitution (1)

toughness (1)

All points are in dexterity, weapon is a knife for very quick left hand attack to recharge deathly spears with regeneration per hit (RpH).

Used combat arts, the only ones with runes in:

deathy spears, combat alert, fierry ember, untouchable force

I play without battery: I want RpH, I don't like it when I move my mouse on the next group of enemies and I start to shoot instead run to the next group. Currently I am at 3 spears per activation and I can have 5 up.

If I find a nice story I can perhaps add an energy shield.

• 1 month later...

The old beast is still running, level 142 in Niob now at 3 days playtime. Its engine is no longer air cooled. It has now water cooling added. Water from T-energy swamps has the nice effect that the steam from the cooling system adds an energy fields around the guardian which prevents a lot of damage arriving at the Guardian.

I didn't play it allone, its the family smith so rest of family pushed it's level a bit. My daughter called it the hoola hoop guardian. In full action with several spears running simultanous it looks like the Temple Guardian swings a hoolahoop ring with thorns around his hips. Currently it does 5 layers of spears per activation and because of RpH its recharged rigth again. Fiery ember , which has only the focus, is used to reduce attack speed of enemies and lure them to the deadly hoolahoop in a wide radius.

I don't know if a specialized build with spears and a weapon Combat Art in a combination will do better. The animation of the growing weapon arm takes a time, while the left click knife attack is really quick in recharging with RpH.

But probably in a build not done for roleplay adding energy-shield-lore for toughness might be a good. And adding bargaining for constitution to buy good jewelry to boost the ehnergy shield might work too.

I still play without a battery for fast leveling and because of roleplay I use a shuriken for life leech against bosses. My daughters prefer the full melee set for life leech but they are better mouse acrobats than her outdated daddy. I prefer to press both mouse buttons when leveling, and having a battery the Temple Guardian would fight from a distance while the spears pierce holes in the air.

Anyone who has a another working deadly spears build which could give some advive?

If I would have played it allone it would probably be level 80: it's the only character I have touched since x-mas. But my daughters play the spidergirl-kungfu-dryad challenge (see dryad guide section). So whenever the bargainer is doing shopping , the other spidergirl stops playing to prevent a level gap between the two characters. She is playing the family smith = this character in this time.

Most of the time playing was done by my daughters at bad weather in winter breaks.

Most of the leveling was done in the new crystal region of the AddON. This character is not as good in wide radius Area of Effect as is a fiery ember build, but it kills in close combat with spears so no time is wasted with loot collection, all drops are in q-radius.

And on a second thought: 3days mean 3 days + few hours total playtime. It doesn't mean that I created the character 3 days ago.

The whole design idea of this character is that I play half distance normally because I suffered from eye damage from my army time. I can't aim ice spray above a whole screen or snipe with a bow from a distance. So I made me a build which allowed my personal playstyle: close and personal. I use ember to aggravate enemies so they run into my spears.

So no, I doubt that I can play a character to 140+ in just 3 days. But 3 a total playtime of 3 days is possible. Work, 5 kids, horses and dogs, being in volunteer firefighters and other stuff eat up a lot of my spare time.

Hrm... I see you took both a weapon lore and speed lore.... does the Temple Guardian really get that bad at melee combat that they need both?

Regular weapon attacks are definitely the way to go with an all-spears type of Temple Guardian. Even using Dedicated Blow can slow your RpH too much to be actually better than the regular attacks... with a knife / dagger, of course! Sometimes I use short swords, just depends on what the best weapon with the desired modifiers to use at the moment is.

I'll play mine some more to level 65 and decide if I want a weapon lore or if I am going to try Damage Lore.

When I did this character I had not much experiences with Temple Guardian's. Taking sword lore was mainly to unlock scalable '-enemy chance to evade' on knives. Speed lore was mainly planed to push the base defense from dexterity and give some run speed, saving some sockets.

The character was planed to be played without an overpowered energy shield. The reason he finally got one was that he lacked a bit defense versus casters. But the main reason is to block spells, so nothing is socketed to move more damage from hitpoints to the shield. The character has more hitpoints than shield points :thumbsup:

It was mainly planed to get some knowledge with Temple Guardian's and to find my personal close combat playstyle, because I am not really able to do long distance aiming.

So I tried out to play without a battery to have fast reg per hits. The character plays best if he has always several deadly spears running at the same moment.

So run speed, need to have a high hit chance, defense push made me to put speed lore into the build.

It was an experiemental character adapted to my peronal favourite playstyle. But it plays really nice. And at least we have our new family smith.

When I did this character I had not much experiences with Temple Guardian's. Taking sword lore was mainly to unlock scalable '-enemy chance to evade' on knives. Speed lore was mainly planed to push the base defense from dexterity and give some run speed, saving some sockets.

The character was planed to be played without an overpowered energy shield. The reason he finally got one was that he lacked a bit defense versus casters. But the main reason is to block spells, so nothing is socketed to move more damage from hitpoints to the shield. The character has more hitpoints than shield points :thumbsup:

It was mainly planed to get some knowledge with Temple Guardian's and to find my personal close combat playstyle, because I am not really able to do long distance aiming.

So I tried out to play without a battery to have fast reg per hits. The character plays best if he has always several deadly spears running at the same moment.

So run speed, need to have a high hit chance, defense push made me to put speed lore into the build.

It was an experiemental character adapted to my peronal favourite playstyle. But it plays really nice. And at least we have our new family smith.

Cool. I was worried for a minute that I may need a weapon lore. The only thing I miss from it is the item level without penalty. Shopping can provide all other bonuses that weapon lore gives.

Speed lore I thought was easiest replacement, for base attack and defense values, boosed by combat alert. I am just now removing all my evasion reducers from sockets and will see how the swamps play at Gold difficulty with the level 54.

I've tried no battery, and I dislike how he will move to nearest target when I have gathered a big crowd, ruining good spears activation. My playstyle is to gather mob and then run 2-3 spears, which clears out all melee attackers, then run to ranged attackers and use Ded. blow. So battery is nice, especially with the class quest battery.

I am really liking this playstyle, and am just starting to get multiple DS going at once, or hula-hooping as we should call it!