Old Monastery

Hey guys. I was just wondering if any of you could help me out with getting into the Old Monastery. I have completed every side quest in the area on gold with my level 79 Shadow Warrior and the same on silver with my level 49 seraphim, but I can still not get the door unlocked. I've just about run out of ideas so you guys are my last resort. Thanks!

Hey guys. I was just wondering if any of you could help me out with getting into the Old Monastery. I have completed every side quest in the area on gold with my level 79 Shadow Warrior and the same on silver with my level 49 seraphim, but I can still not get the door unlocked. I've just about run out of ideas so you guys are my last resort. Thanks!

Hey Welcome to Dark Matters!

Not familiar with the name. Where on the map is it? copper mountains area?

Yes, it is by the Copper Mountains and what I believe was called the Seraphim Gardens. It is a large, double door, gate and when I click on it, it says Old Monastery behind the gate and locked over the gate. Thanks for the quick response!

I think you need to be playing shadow campaign to get in there.

If you have to be on shadow, wouldn't that make it pretty much impossible to get your map revealed to 100%?

You can get map revealed way above 100% if you equip some "Visibility Range" gear, highest I have heard of is 170%.

Oh ok. I've heard of some people figuring out how to walk on water so I thought that was the only way. I guess I will have to forge some special visibility gear for exploring.

Yes, it is by the Copper Mountains and what I believe was called the Seraphim Gardens. It is a large, double door, gate and when I click on it, it says Old Monastery behind the gate and locked over the gate. Thanks for the quick response!

If you have to be on shadow, wouldn't that make it pretty much impossible to get your map revealed to 100%?

I have done it on both light and shadow. as you head up the valley towards the forgotten gardens I remember finding a quest marker on the way.

I think I remember it is different on Xbox than PC.

I have done it on both light and shadow. as you head up the valley towards the forgotten gardens I remember finding a quest marker on the way.

Yeah, I figured it would be quest related but I have done every single quest in that area with no luck. I remember the quest along the valley where the guy made you go into a cave and find someone then go back in again and kill a pirate but those were to only quests I found in the valley. There was another in the forgotten gardens but that was all I managed to find. I will explore the area again I guess to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Yeah, I figured it would be quest related but I have done every single quest in that area with no luck. I remember the quest along the valley where the guy made you go into a cave and find someone then go back in again and kill a pirate but those were to only quests I found in the valley. There was another in the forgotten gardens but that was all I managed to find. I will explore the area again I guess to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I just went back up there on PC light camp and there is a chain quest just outside the gates. I do not remember this on XBOX. the one I remember is between the one you did with the pirate and and the gardens, just an NPC standing in the path with a quest mark.

I am stumped as I may need to fire up the BOX and check this out. Been a while since I was up there on Xbox. light camp right?

I just went back up there on PC light camp and there is a chain quest just outside the gates. I do not remember this on XBOX. the one I remember is between the one you did with the pirate and and the gardens, just an NPC standing in the path with a quest mark.

I am stumped as I may need to fire up the BOX and check this out. Been a while since I was up there on Xbox. light camp right?

yes, light camp w/ a now 50 seraphim. I just ran through it again and there are zero quests I havent completed in the area.

Now I'm curious, been a really long time since I was in the area on xbox. Well, since I was on xbox period. I do remember being in that area with a Shadow Warrior on dark and I believe light camp but don't quote me. For some reason the back of my brain is itchin that there might be part of class quest but at this early morning moment I'm not sure. Yep I'll have to dust off the xbox and log in. See what I can find for you.

You can get map revealed way above 100% if you equip some "Visibility Range" gear, highest I have heard of is 170%.

Oh ok. I've heard of some people figuring out how to walk on water so I thought that was the only way. I guess I will have to forge some special visibility gear for exploring.

There is lots of "map" to explore. you get credit for below ground as well as above. and the visibility increase comes in handy for "walking the borders" even if you can't get out in the water you can reveal it by walking the beach. same for the mountain ranges.

The same goes for the area outside the caves when underground, there are alot of map uncovered to be had in caves even though you have cleared all the "fog" already in the cave.

OK guys, thanks a lot for all your help. I was going to be starting a new Astral Lord Shadow Warrior build anyways so I guess I will do that one on the shadow camp. I've only worked on the light camp with all my characters so that would be why I was never able to get in there.

Hi I got an idea I have been in there and all my charators are light so far but I might be wrong as I got a bad memory..

as for map% I got a level 90 with +492% to visibility and with only walking on ground inc caves I have 130% map so far with 1/4 orc land and 1/2 high elf land to do not got Ice and blood yet !

You can get in there with a Shadow Warrior on light as part of a class quest. I must have not been paying attention before when I was playing with my Shadow Warrior. Luckily I got someone with a light Shadow Warrior to do the quest with me so my seraphim finally got it explored.

You can get in there with a Shadow Warrior on light as part of a class quest. I must have not been paying attention before when I was playing with my Shadow Warrior. Luckily I got someone with a light Shadow Warrior to do the quest with me so my seraphim finally got it explored.

Ah Furian67 kept telling me he thought he remembered something about a class quest. I've never ran a Shadow Warrior yet so that's why it didn't click.

Glad you got in there. they visuals are kinda neat eh.

there is another cave up in the orc lands that is really kinda cool. ends with a big chalk outline

Sacred2_CrimeScene.jpg

Ah Furian67 kept telling me he thought he remembered something about a class quest. I've never ran a Shadow Warrior yet so that's why it didn't click.

Glad you got in there. they visuals are kinda neat eh.

there is another cave up in the orc lands that is really kinda cool. ends with a big chalk outline

Sacred2_CrimeScene.jpg

Yeah I have been in that cave before, it does look pretty neat. I was a hardcore noob when I played with my Shadow Warrior so I just kind of made him into a tank. After looking into the game more and getting more into it, I see how bad he was. I didn't ever really die and I killed everything easy, but he had all offensive and defensive skills and basically no use of Combat Arts. Now I actually care about the game and dont just follow circles like a zombie.