Sacred 2 not responding after load

Hi all, I've been a lurker here for a short while, but now I need some help please. When I double click the sacred 2 exe it loads the game as always, and goes through the loading this and that, the funny little saying, and then goes to a dark screen where I can see the game cursor, but nothing else afterwards, it just stays there indefinatly. I have the US version un fortunatly, if that helps with the troubleshooting. Thatnks in advance!

Hi all, I've been a lurker here for a short while, but now I need some help please. When I double click the sacred 2 exe it loads the game as always, and goes through the loading this and that, the funny little saying, and then goes to a dark screen where I can see the game cursor, but nothing else afterwards, it just stays there indefinatly. I have the US version un fortunatly, if that helps with the troubleshooting. Thatnks in advance!

I sounds like it is loading a gfx setting that your video card is not compatible with. do you remember how is started. were you changing any settings in the options settimgs? a quick test will be to reset your options.txt

depends on which version of windows your on, but the file in hidden. the guide for custom view will walk you through how to get there.

[*]Start Sacred 2 and go to Options Gameplay and choose Camera Free. Exit game. (Game must be off for the next steps to work!)

[*]You will need to have the Windows setting on; Show all Hidden Files and Folders. To change the Hidden Files/Folder setting open any folder-->Click Alt Key-->Tools-->Folder Options-->View-->Click "Show hidden files and folders".

[*]Go to the folder:

(Vista or Windows 7)

C:\Users\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2

or

(XP)

C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2

[*]Delete options.txt if it is found in the folder.

Deleting this file will prompt the Game to reset all the options back to defaults. including the graphics.

After deleting the file restart the game. you should then be able to reset all your game options. if this doesn't solve your problem, let us know. as much detail as possible, what was going on the first time it happened. your sytem components, OS, etc

I sounds like it is loading a gfx setting that your video card is not compatible with. do you remember how is started. were you changing any settings in the options settimgs? a quick test will be to reset your options.txt

depends on which version of windows your on, but the file in hidden. the guide for custom view will walk you through how to get there.

[*]Start Sacred 2 and go to Options Gameplay and choose Camera Free. Exit game. (Game must be off for the next steps to work!)

[*]You will need to have the Windows setting on; Show all Hidden Files and Folders. To change the Hidden Files/Folder setting open any folder-->Click Alt Key-->Tools-->Folder Options-->View-->Click "Show hidden files and folders".

[*]Go to the folder:

(Vista or Windows 7)

or

(XP)

C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR_USER_NAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2

Deleting this file will prompt the Game to reset all the options back to defaults. including the graphics.

After deleting the file restart the game. you should then be able to reset all your game options. if this doesn't solve your problem, let us know. as much detail as possible, what was going on the first time it happened. your sytem components, OS, etc

Sorry I should have told you my system specs before hand...I have an 8800gt 1 gig with the akimbo cooler, an e8400 core 2 duo overclocked to 4 gigs, 4 gigs ram, and an EVGA 780I FTW motherboard using onboard sound. Another thing I should have said was that I was trying to do the guide to using the Ice and Blood expansion with an american game, I tryed a fresh install of just the american game and it works fine, elite graphics on, updated to the latest patch, no hickups, no nothing, works great. So I'm guessing that I probably wont be able to use the expansion....Kinda sucks but that happens sometimes lol.

[*]Go to the folder:

(Vista or Windows 7)

or

(XP)

Sorry I should have told you my system specs before hand...I have an 8800gt 1 gig with the akimbo cooler, an e8400 core 2 duo overclocked to 4 gigs, 4 gigs ram, and an EVGA 780I FTW motherboard using onboard sound. Another thing I should have said was that I was trying to do the guide to using the Ice and Blood expansion with an american game, I tryed a fresh install of just the american game and it works fine, elite graphics on, updated to the latest patch, no hickups, no nothing, works great. So I'm guessing that I probably wont be able to use the expansion....Kinda sucks but that happens sometimes lol.

Obviously then the next question is, does that guide have a missing step? or perhaps you may have missed a step? unfortunately you had to start all over from fresh install huh?

[*]Go to the folder:

(Vista or Windows 7)

or

(XP)

Obviously then the next question is, does that guide have a missing step? or perhaps you may have missed a step? unfortunately you had to start all over from fresh install huh?

Yeah, lucky for me I didnt have any high level chars, and also know how to backup any saved games if I did lol. The guide is from this site, and I followed all the steps....Im also using win 7 if that gives any more info...Im just not sure whats up, I may try it again just to see if I can get it working, it sucks that we dont get the expansion over here. Heres a link to the guide: http://www.darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13381

Yeah, lucky for me I didnt have any high level chars, and also know how to backup any saved games if I did lol. The guide is from this site, and I followed all the steps....Im also using win 7 if that gives any more info...Im just not sure whats up, I may try it again just to see if I can get it working, it sucks that we dont get the expansion over here. Heres a link to the guide: http://www.darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13381

I remember when the guide was posted by a member. And I think a least 1 or 2 players were able to get it to work. Maybe one of them can see this thread and offer up some advice.

I remember when the guide was posted by a member. And I think a least 1 or 2 players were able to get it to work. Maybe one of them can see this thread and offer up some advice.

Hope so lol