Quest Henchmen

So I was doing the Playing With Bears quest, and this time around I decided to keep the baby bear. To my surprise the little bear grew up as I leveled and became aggressive towards enemies whereas it was neutral before. It got me to wondering if there were other quests I should hold on to, that said the bear is a bit aggro-y most of my pots go towards keeping him alive lately. But its a small price to pay for a companion npc~ :P

Anyone got any others?

There's no need to feed him potions as he can't die.

Have heard of other companions, but I can't remember who those where at the moment.

So I was doing the Playing With Bears quest, and this time around I decided to keep the baby bear. To my surprise the little bear grew up as I leveled and became aggressive towards enemies whereas it was neutral before. It got me to wondering if there were other quests I should hold on to, that said the bear is a bit aggro-y most of my pots go towards keeping him alive lately. But its a small price to pay for a companion npc~ :P

Anyone got any others?

Don't worry about keeping your teddy alive, his is immortal! and the bad thing is now that you crossed the wall into the human area you are stuck with him until the end of the camp your on. if only you got XP for his kills.

They are fun companions for a while. but as you level he will be more and more aggressive. and you will start to compete with the bear for kills. the aggro does come in handy though. keeps the uglies off you so you can maneuver and attack.

Oh wow, ahahahaha! That would of helped cool my nerves a bit whenever I watched his life bar go down time and time again. I was like noooooooooooo teddy! ;(

I'm currently doing 'An Awkward Situation' if only the wizard lamb would attack... <grin>

/edit: Just wondering, does the "immortal" thing still count if you haven't turned in the quest? Or is it only for those who grab the bear after turning in the quest. (Just checked on wiki) :3

[Nvm. Just checked it works!]

Edited by Xitorot
Oh wow, ahahahaha! That would of helped cool my nerves a bit whenever I watched his life bar go down time and time again. I was like noooooooooooo teddy! ;(

I'm currently doing 'An Awkward Situation' if only the wizard lamb would attack... <grin>

/edit: Just wondering, does the "immortal" thing still count if you haven't turned in the quest? Or is it only for those who grab the bear after turning in the quest. (Just checked on wiki) :3

[Nvm. Just checked it works!]

Had you finished the quest before crossing the wall, baby bear would leave you to play with the little girl. since you never finished it, and now the girl with refuse the big aggressive bear you are stuck with him. So teddy is immortal forever. there is another bear quest you can pick up over in Undead area. Starts at the Blessed Rock Manor west of Sonnewind. he stardt out big and stays that way. and will follow you as well.

Edit: Just a word though, it is absolutely heartbreaking to see that bear getting beaten on all the way to the 4 Guardians. yeah he is immortal but the temple guardians at the end of the campaign are brutal.

• 11 months later...

I had a good laugh when I got the bear to Orcish Byway and got the message that the "little fuzzball" is now a full grown bear.

I'm wondering as well, are there other potential candidates for companions. It doesn't look like the Stray Cat becomes one althugh I only took that cat as far as Dragonmaw Pass.