Skill Question

maximus.dsz

As an earlier poster said it, I also took Concentration instead of Constitution. I am level 60 and will soon be faced with choosing my last skill. Due to having the two buff bonus with Concentration, I am torn between Armor Lore and Sword Weapons. My question is, will the second buff Warding Energy and Divine Protection be enough defense to skip Armor Lore and go with Sword Weapons? Or would I be better off going with the added def bonuses and -regen of Armor Lore?

Right now I have these skills:

1)Concentration

2)Tactics Lore

3)Dual Wield

4)Enhanced Perception

5)Barganing

6)Exalted Warrior Focus

7)Combat Reflexes

8)Toughness

9)Constitution

Thanks in advance for the reply. Great guide Antitrust!

Moved to out of guides section and into discussion forum. Cheers!

Edited by locolagarto
moved to appropriate forum
As an earlier poster said it, I also took Concentration instead of Constitution. I am level 60 and will soon be faced with choosing my last skill. Due to having the two buff bonus with Concentration, I am torn between Armor Lore and Sword Weapons. My question is, will the second buff Warding Energy and Divine Protection be enough defense to skip Armor Lore and go with Sword Weapons? Or would I be better off going with the added def bonuses and -regen of Armor Lore?

1)Concentration

2)Tactics Lore

3)Dual Wield

4)Enhanced Perception

5)Barganing

6)Exalted Warrior Focus

7)Combat Reflexes

8)Toughness

9)Constitution

welcome to Dark Matters!

Well most here would tell you that a Char with no armor lore is kinda nuts!. Warding energy is not armor at all, its virtual HP. when you get hit. first any mitigation of the incoming damage takes place, then absorption from armor, then the left over damage is split between the energy shield and your HP. the ratio ins 50%-50% to start with. if you have access to a niob level blacksmith and could socket 200-300% armor, then I would say ok. but without it. you will need alot of HP and Energy to keep from killing your char in plat and niob.

having said that I think antitrust has made some seriously strong arguments for Sword lore and dual wield. but only imo, if you only put 1 point to Dual and master level 75 in Sword weapon.

the dynamic and kinda risky choice with major benefits is to take Sword lore and master it. the safe choice is take Armor and master it. as it really works well with Toughness mastered.

Warding Energy Buff + Armor Mastery + Toughness Mastery + all channel Mitigation + Constitution Mastery= an almost immortal seraphim.

having said that I think antitrust has made some seriously strong arguments for Sword lore and dual wield. but only imo, if you only put 1 point to Dual and master level 75 in Sword weapon.

Don't you mean this the other way round loco? You are only using Sword lore to unlock the locked stats on swords, whereas you are using Dual Wields stats to better yourselves.

Don't you mean this the other way round loco? You are only using Sword lore to unlock the locked stats on swords, whereas you are using Dual Wields stats to better yourselves.

Nope I meant it that way. as the Sword Weapon mods on weapons scale up with more points into the skill. 1 point unlocks them, but many points scale them up. however, the 2 lores don't stack, so only put points into 1 of them.

1)Concentration

2)Tactics Lore

3)Dual Wield

4)Enhanced Perception

5)Barganing

6)Exalted Warrior Focus

7)Combat Reflexes

8)Toughness

9)Constitution

welcome to Dark Matters!

Well most here would tell you that a Char with no armor lore is kinda nuts!. Warding energy is not armor at all, its virtual HP. when you get hit. first any mitigation of the incoming damage takes place, then absorption from armor, then the left over damage is split between the energy shield and your HP. the ratio ins 50%-50% to start with. if you have access to a niob level blacksmith and could socket 200-300% armor, then I would say ok. but without it. you will need alot of HP and Energy to keep from killing your char in plat and niob.

the dynamic and kinda risky choice with major benefits is to take Sword lore and master it. the safe choice is take Armor and master it. as it really works well with Toughness mastered.

Warding Energy Buff + Armor Mastery + Toughness Mastery + all channel Mitigation + Constitution Mastery= an almost immortal seraphim.

Ok Loco. Sounds like I need Armor Lore for sure. Platinum already seems tough so Armor seemed like the logical choice, just wanted to hear it from someone that has a little more experience than myself. Thanks for the info!