Question from a PC newbie regarding ranged combat

I've just recently purchased Sacred Gold and am wondering about a problem I was having on the Xbox. My question involves both the PC and Xbox version, so in all honesty I didn't know where was best to post.

My BFG seraphim, regardless of level always has trouble hitting bats (any area) and the will o wisps (only the ones in the final area before the Guardians). The following questions have been racking my brain, but I just joined here so I can finally ask. :P

1.) Is this a bug/glitch? If so, has it been patched.

2..) Is this a console specific problem?

3.) Is there just something in stats that I am missing, such as a higher -enemy chance to evade or +atk. Please keep in mind I don't have problems hitting much else.

4.) I know the will o wisps can deal some decent elemental damage, but does anyone else know the sheer embarassment of "Ack, eww A BAT!!"?

I used Dobri's guide, so the build was sound and worked well in almost every other situation, even given that I raced through Platnum at level 70. But the BATS, man. I don't know if this is specific to the BFG buff or ranged combat, but I do believe I had some of the same problems with my Dryad, although I was not following a build or anything, just winging it based on what I knew of Sacred Underworld.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I don't know a lot about that myself but what I can say is that It's not a glitch! What I believe that it is is those characters have a really high ranged defense value cus I've experienced the same problem with my seraphim!

Possibly, not sure.

No.

3.) Is there just something in stats that I am missing, such as a higher -enemy chance to evade or +atk. Please keep in mind I don't have problems hitting much else.

Possibly, more -enemy evade is always good, but I think it was an issue with their vertical movement/bobbing (since it would count as them having moved out of the way).

Possibly, not sure.

No.

Possibly, more -enemy evade is always good, but I think it was an issue with their vertical movement/bobbing (since it would count as them having moved out of the way).

I experienced the same thing, and it was not BFG specific but Ranged specific on Consoles. I had to carry a sword to kill bats in the Swamp on Console. the only Ranged weapon on Console I could kill bats with was a blow gun. if I timed just right and waited for them to dive in for attack I could get lucky sometimes, but in free flight they seemed immune to bows, energy guns, stars.

On PC the problem seems to be solved, I no longer have any issues in swamp or with fen fire monsters on Dryad Isle. so my vote is that it was a monster specific inbalance to range weapon in the console version.

so the good news is on PC your not gonna scream every time you see a bat anymore.

Rats...Bats...spiders....wolfs/wargs.....pigs.... :P

But there aren't anywhere near as many bats/spiders/etc as there are rats & the others give way more XP than rats.

True, if I had to pick one. I am with you on the rats