New to the game, with many questions about Sacred 2

Hello! New to the game, and I'm just going to list my questions so the experts'll fill me in. I'm writing them down as they pop into my brain

1.) How do I unlock the gate of artamark?

2.) how do I get the little jemstone modifier things for my combat arts?

3.) Why can I combine only some combat arts?

4.) Why can I only comine 2/4 combat arts at a time?

5.) Do I want a high or low regeneration %? Do I want equips that add regeneration penalty or subtract?

6.) would a level 16 helmet sell for any money in the online market? How much(ish)?

7.) Does this game have an online economy?

8.) What does the level of an item signify?

9.) Should a level 16 be able to wield a level 18 weapon?

10.) Why can my brother wield 3 rings at once and one amulet and I can only wield 2 rings at once and one amulet? Is it because of our classses?

11.) On an offline coop game why would my brother's horse dissapear & become unsummonable but then reappear when we get to the horse store?

12.) Can I buy potions in stores?

13.) Is it possible to activate more than one monolith?

14.) What are the different modes of transportation (apart from portals, boats, and ressurection teleporters)?

15.) What do the different skills (blacksmithing, riding, etc) do?

16.) Is it true this game was discontinued in the US?

17.) If so, does this mean the expansion pack is unavalible to PS3 users?

18.) Because I got this game used, it came with no manual -- is there anyplace I can download it? (I found a link here (on the forums) but it didn't work :4rofl: )

19.) Is there a place to buy runes?

20.) What do the books do?

21.) What's the difference between the game modes?

Am I asking an unreasonable amount of questions? (If so, sorry).

But thanks for answering to a newby's cry for help! :blink:

There may be more to come, if a new series of questions formulate.

THANKS

Hello! New to the game, and I'm just going to list my questions so the experts'll fill me in. I'm writing them down as they pop into my brain

in Campaign it unlocks at part of the Shadow Camp, in light it does not, you have to use the cave just east of the monolith

By putting points into the relevant aspect skills, ie for the Exalted Warrior Aspect putting point into EW focus or tactics lore with unlock them.

You can combine any combat arts unless it is a "Buff" buffs are not castable in a combo.

You can combine 2 Combat Arts unless you take the Skill Combat Discipline which allows for 3 Combat Arts and with 75 hardpoints unlocks 4

5.) Do I want a high or low regeneration %? Do I want equips that add regeneration penalty or subtract?

Lower is better. the regen penalty adds time in between casts. you want your Combat Arts to cast quickly

6.) would a level 16 helmet sell for any money in the online market? How much(ish)?

no, you will find that equipment comes very easily with grinding in this game. among friends we give each other equipment quite often. only if the item is extremely rare. in the case of Console that would be 3-4 stars you might find someone willing to trade.

? uhhm don't know really. you mean real world money for trades etc... why? not really needed here

Item level coinsides with char level. higher level is higher in attributes

With an appropriate weapon lore, the char can use weapons above the char level

10.) Why can my brother wield 3 rings at once and one amulet and I can only wield 2 rings at once and one amulet? Is it because of our classses?

yes each class is different. 2 rings and 1 ammu is the Seraphim who also gets to wear 9 armor pieces which your brothers char can't.

11.) On an offline coop game why would my brother's horse dissapear & become unsummonable but then reappear when we get to the horse store?

? sounds goofy to me too.

usually just health pots. recovery concentration and mentor are picked up from kills

no

14.) What are the different modes of transportation (apart from portals, boats, and ressurection teleporters)?

Mounts - horse traders will sell various horses. there is also a Unique Mount for each class that can be found by completing the Unique mount quest in Orcish Byway

See the wiki here:Skills BTW Blacksmith does not work on Console.

The development co Ascaron desolved last year and a new company has purchase the rights to Sacred2 , Deep Silver. at this time no announcements have been made for future patch or expansion in NA.

the expansion is only available to PC users in EU. many of us have adopted the UK version for PC to get the expansion

18.) Because I got this game used, it came with no manual -- is there anyplace I can download it? (I found a link here (on the forums) but it didn't work :4rofl: )

The SacredWiki has far more useful info that the manual ever did. check it out

no, you have to pick them up from kills

nothing. something to read while you wait for your brother to get on game.

Campaign is the SP or Co-op story mode. Freeplay is essentially exactly that, a place to test and level that can be reset every time you log in.

Yes you are!, no problem really. Although a few at a time will get far more peeps involved in the responses

THANKS

Holy! Hannah! that a heck of a list ya got there. Welcome to the forum and glad to see you and your questions.

my answers are in red

in Campaign it unlocks at part of the Shadow Camp, in light it does not, you have to use the cave just east of the monolith

By putting points into the relevant aspect skills, ie for the Exalted Warrior Aspect putting point into EW focus or tactics lore with unlock them.

You can combine any combat arts unless it is a "Buff" buffs are not castable in a combo.

You can combine 2 Combat Arts unless you take the Skill Combat Discipline which allows for 3 Combat Arts and with 75 hardpoints unlocks 4

Lower is better. the regen penalty adds time in between casts. you want your Combat Arts to cast quickly

no, you will find that equipment comes very easily with grinding in this game. among friends we give each other equipment quite often. only if the item is extremely rare. in the case of Console that would be 3-4 stars you might find someone willing to trade.

? uhhm don't know really. you mean real world money for trades etc... why? not really needed here

Item level coinsides with char level. higher level is higher in attributes

With an appropriate weapon lore, the char can use weapons above the char level

yes each class is different. 2 rings and 1 ammu is the Seraphim who also gets to wear 9 armor pieces which your brothers char can't.

? sounds goofy to me too.

usually just health pots. recovery concentration and mentor are picked up from kills

no

Mounts - horse traders will sell various horses. there is also a Unique Mount for each class that can be found by completing the Unique mount quest in Orcish Byway

See the wiki here:Skills BTW Blacksmith does not work on Console.

The development co Ascaron desolved last year and a new company has purchase the rights to Sacred2 , Deep Silver. at this time no announcements have been made for future patch or expansion in NA.

the expansion is only available to PC users in EU. many of us have adopted the UK version for PC to get the expansion

The SacredWiki has far more useful info that the manual ever did. check it out

no, you have to pick them up from kills

nothing. something to read while you wait for your brother to get on game.

Campaign is the SP or Co-op story mode. Freeplay is essentially exactly that, a place to test and level that can be reset every time you log in.

Yes you are!, no problem really. Although a few at a time will get far more peeps involved in the responses

THANKS

Holy! Hannah! that a heck of a list ya got there. Welcome to the forum and glad to see you and your questions.

my answers are in red

Thanks so much.

Now I know who to turn to :viking:

Only thing I'd add, is that there's a console achievement for reading books.

Geez, that's the only thing. Man I am slippin here. used to be at least half of what I write is flawed! :cool:

Just kidding. yes that is true there are achievements for BOX and trophies etc for books. and if you have the time, some of the them are quite the dark humor read!

Only thing I'd add, is that there's a console achievement for reading books.

Geez, that's the only thing. Man I am slippin here. used to be at least half of what I write is flawed! :cool:

Just kidding. yes that is true there are achievements for BOX and trophies etc for books. and if you have the time, some of the them are quite the dark humor read!

Now, I want to know if you did all of that off the top of your head or if you had to look any of it up? :P

In regards to the virtual economy, being that Sacred is not MMO, you usually find yourself playing with the same users on a fairly regular basis. As Loco said, it is generally considered a gentleman's agreement to share wealth as needed. I would be willing to say that the console community is not large enough for anyone to actually consider paying for items (but you never know).

And while I've never experienced the horse disappearing problem, saving and reloading will usually fix anything like that (also goes for quest bugs).

Oh, and if you really want the manual, you can download it here: http://www.sacred.pl/download/Sacred2_PS3_Manual_EN.pdf (6mb)

Nice job Loco, it was nice to read that just to verify what I know about the game. Sometimes I wonder if there are basic things that I am just oblivious to because I was late to the game and have never teamed up with anyone online other then my oblivious wife.

This series of questions really does have some worth. Loco, a really oustanding job on gunning down the questions. We'll sticky this for now, so other can check the Sacred 2 IQ ^^

:)

gogo

• 3 weeks later...