PS3 network crash

As of right now, it is still undetermined what has caused what appears to be a major error on the Playstation Network. Many PS3's ( including mine ) have had their dates reset this evening to 12/31/1999 and others, and as a result, are no longer allowing most games to be played. Trophies unlock in games from completing game specific tasks, and your entire system is sorta hard wired to reference this data. I was playing Sacred 2 offline, single player, when I earned a trophy and was kicked out of the game. I can now no longer sign in to the PSN nor can I even just continue playing the game.

Just googled "PSN Network Crash" and got several stories on it. looks like a big problem. without network access you sacred probably can't confirm data security. But it looks like a lot of people are having issues right now.

I'm not a PS3 player but I did hear something on the news tonight about there being a virus in the PS-Network specifically on the PS3 that is causing your problem and it seems to only be happening on the "ONLINE" consoles...hope this helps...and by the way they said they should have it fixed within 24-48 hrs. so you shouldn't be having any more issues here soon!