Looking for Video Chat programs

I have purchased a couple of WebCams for my computers so I can see and hear from my kids while out on the road. what is the best and easiest video messaging out there? I have seen Windows Live Messenger, Tokbox, and I think Google has one built into GMAIL. but I want hear what you folks think.

We had skype for a brief while when we were playing Guild Wars. It was free, quite quick and had an elegant interface. I personally didn't like the "pressure" of real time talking during gaming, maybe this is why I gave up on it...but apparently the skype software is quite popular now, especially for making super cheap long distance calls.

:heat:

gogo

p.s. Anyone tried messenger video ?

We had skype for a brief while when we were playing Guild Wars. It was free, quite quick and had an elegant interface. I personally didn't like the "pressure" of real time talking during gaming, maybe this is why I gave up on it...but apparently the skype software is quite popular now, especially for making super cheap long distance calls.

:)

gogo

p.s. Anyone tried messenger video ?

I have tried messenger and it works, but I think skype is easier simpler and its audio processing fixed my mic problem. I get tons of background hiss form my monster comp. skype tamed it nicely. and it seems easier for my kids to navigate.

And I am slowly getting weaned off of voice comm in game. furian and I still yell down the hall too much. I have xfire but haven't played with the voice yet. in game when running as a team it does make "help me!" a little easier to say when your getting creamed be a mob. but I would recommend voice only for close friends that you know well. playing with unkown players can grate at you quickly.