Help Gold edition crashing

Hey everyone it's my first post here but I hope it will not be my only one. recently my wife and I bought a copy of Sacred2 Gold Edition and are enjoying it allot. BUT and ya there's a but my system running Windows 7 is constantly freezing or crashing on me what info should I post here and how, so as to make it possible for someone to help me sort this out?

Thanks in advance

Raven

Welcome to Dark Matters. Let me get that out first........ :) .......searched numerous threads and I know there is an answer out there for you. Locolagarto has made huge leaps in the discovery and cause of the crashing issues. Drove me nutts watching him cause his computer to crash so he could fix it and figure out all the why's, what's, and how's. But.... I.... can't .... find.... it. My brain..... ack

:)

I'm really sure Loco will respond to this with the perfect answer soon. Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

There are a couple threads on this issue that I will dig up for ya. but to start give me specs on your system. CPU , mem, most importantly video card. and what graphics settings are, both in Win7 and Sacred2.

Edit: Optimizations for Win7, Split from "Rig Crashing" Thread this has several things I tryed, but honestly the number one is Reinstall your NVidia Drivers and disable PhysX before starting Sacred2. Running with reduced graphics settings and a smaller resolution uses less Ram. even if you have more than enough, if the game goes over a Gb of Ram it gets unstable. So I try to keep my settings lower so as not to make the ram usage too big.

There are a couple threads on this issue that I will dig up for ya. but to start give me specs on your system. CPU , mem, most importantly video card. and what graphics settings are, both in Win7 and Sacred2.

Thanks Loco but for the moment here's the basics of my system.

HP Media 8100 series

3Gb Ram AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 5600+ @ 2.80Ghz

Nvidia GT240 PCIe with 1Gb DDR3 Ram

Hard Drive 500Gb with 229 Gb Free

Monitor BenQ FP231W 1920X1200 @ 59Hz

This is what both my desktop and Secred2 are running at, I can not set the monitor to 60Hz even though my wife has the same model and same video card and hers runs at 60Hz.

In Secred 2 I can not alter the resolution. Oh and I'm running dual display but not in Secred2

Now I have CPUID and can post a .TXT info file if you would like also have SiSoftware Sandra Pro and generate a report with that as well please just let me know what to run or post and I'll be more than pleased to do so.

Thanks so much again for the super quick replies and help we just love this game. :)

Regards

Raven

Thanks Loco but for the moment here's the basics of my system.

HP Media 8100 series

3Gb Ram AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 5600+ @ 2.80Ghz

Nvidia GT240 PCIe with 1Gb DDR3 Ram

Hard Drive 500Gb with 229 Gb Free

Monitor BenQ FP231W 1920X1200 @ 59Hz

This is what both my desktop and Secred2 are running at, I can not set the monitor to 60Hz even though my wife has the same model and same video card and hers runs at 60Hz.

In Secred 2 I can not alter the resolution. Oh and I'm running dual display but not in Secred2

Now I have CPUID and can post a .TXT info file if you would like also have SiSoftware Sandra Pro and generate a report with that as well please just let me know what to run or post and I'll be more than pleased to do so.

Thanks so much again for the super quick replies and help we just love this game. :)

Regards

Raven

Start by reinstalling the latest Nvidia Driver and disable PhysX before you start Sacred2. this is one of the biggest. then check the post just before yours

Start by reinstalling the latest Nvidia Driver and disable PhysX before you start Sacred2. this is one of the biggest. then check the post just before yours

I'll reinstall the drivers in a moment or two but I looked over that thread and to be honest I'm not sure what I'm reading. "Dam'it Jim" I'm a graphic designer not a programmer lol :)

I'll reinstall the drivers in a moment or two but I looked over that thread and to be honest I'm not sure what I'm reading. "Dam'it Jim" I'm a graphic designer not a programmer lol :)

Lol, I know what you mean. there is more stuff there than I think is really at issue. try the video thing and disable physX. that is by far the best thing I have ever done.

"Dam'it Jim" I'm a graphic designer not a programmer lol :)

Ohhh... I like Raven already, Any Treky is good in my book.

ps. just dont let your head :) like mine does when I read all that stuff. Makes a heck of a mess.

Edited by Furian67

Now one of the things I did do though and it has seemed to help with smoothing things out a little was to turn off themes in the shortcut properties under the Compatibility tab I check marked Disable visual themes and Disable desktop composition

And thanks for the greet ppl

Regards

Raven

Now one of the things I did do though and it has seemed to help with smoothing things out a little was to turn off themes in the shortcut properties under the Compatibility tab I check marked Disable visual themes and Disable desktop composition

And thanks for the greet ppl

Regards

Raven

BTW you gotta disable physx in the nvidia control panel and in sacred options menu. be fore you go into a game server. PhysX is bad, bad voodoo for us win7 guys.

OMG, OMFG it totally works now woot I just got the latest nvidia drivers and uninstalled the old ones first then allowed Windows to go through it's Oh you have new hardware crap then reinstalled the new better drivers etc... etc and now the game plays like it should YESSSSSS

Thanks to Loco and others