Best way to level up?

Being a bit vague there, Old Chap. :)

Before anyone can realistically give you any advice, it would be helpful if you could tell us what type of character you're using or hoping to use. I don't mean "I'm playing a High Elf", we need to know if it's a melee, mage or ranged character. Those 3 builds require different attributes and skills. Oh aye, race would be good too. :hugs:

For example, if it's a pure melee - intel will be useless and if it's a mage build you're aiming for, then strength is useless and so on.

For what it's worth, I think most of the guides on these boards are pretty detailed, so you've lost me on that one too. Most of these guys/gals that have posted their builds tend to keep contributing to their threads for a time, so if a particular guide is lacking something from the off, you'll usually find the authors have went into greater detail about their builds as and when questions have been asked throughout the threads.

Edited by Schot

I would think you would put your points into your main attack skills at the start--so that you can unlock the mods that make your main attack Combat Art viable.--but you need to balance it (if you're hardcore) with staying alive. So... for dryads just use a blowpipe and pump Ancient Bark to level 10 fast! For High Elves generally use Ancient Fireball as a starter Combat Art (high damage, but single target... so be very wary... just choose single targets for best results since she's squishy at the start).

Does that help? If not, please clarify your question! :o

I'm just wondering. How should I go about leveling? They never really point out how you should level the skills or attributes in the guides. Any advice would be appreciated.

ha, I know exactly what you mean!. It's like a lot of the guides here have great explanations on mechanics but the leveling up process is kind of difficult to understand.

I myself usually start out builds primarily offensive, then as levels go by play more on defensive. Course this helps a lot with me because I"ve been playing ranged dryads for a while now, and it seems to work pretty good for them. For a new player like yourself, what could probably help is figuring out what kind of class is your favorite to play, then after you've tinkered around with it, post a few questions with more specifics and we can help you with the build.

This is a tough game, it's lots of fun, and it's made addicts out of us for years now.

I also think you're in good hands with not only the most knowledgeable peeps on this game in the universe but also the friendliest, which is something I personally take a lot of pride in.

Thank you for posting

Welcome to DarkMatters

:o

gogo

I'm just wondering. How should I go about leveling? They never really point out how you should level the skills or attributes in the guides. Any advice would be appreciated.

Have you seen this forum?

Edited by gogoblender