Need help with my Queen of Blades Seraphim

ok my seraphim is a "queen of blades" build and currently level 59 I play on console (ps3)

I didn't quite understand the game when I made her but she handled herself pretty well through bronze silver and gold however when I got to platinum I'm getting my butt handed to me by the smallest things (mini boss rats whoop me and skeletons.... forget about it) I tried to hunt some gear but I'm not sure what would be best for her to wear.

I filled my swords and armor with % to find valuables items and have found a few set pieces but I dont know what sets I should be aiming for or if I should wear full ones. also the guide I read said to slot things with + battle stance rings/amulets or something like that but I have yet to see one of those in my entire time playing.

stats are:

Strength: 155

Stamina: 171

Vitality: 258

Dexterity: 178

Intelligence: 171

Willpower: 194

Skills are:(these really confused me, and still do)

Tactics Lore: 43

Armor lore: 30

Dual wield: 56

Enhanced perception: 5

Bargaining: 20

Exalted Warrior Focus: 48

Combat Reflexes: 6

Toughness: 1

Constitution: 6

Mods:

Pelting strikes (4 runes memorized) succession, focus, precision

Dashing Alacrity (9 runes memorized)Sprint, reprisal, anchor

Battle Stance (15 runes memorized)Premonition, drill, Retalliation

Assalting somersault (6 runes memorized)Spurt

If you need to know gear let me know and I'll list it out, did I mess up this character beyond repair? I wanna beat platinum and niob.

Thanks in advance

your getting your butt whooped because your fighting creatures 20 or more levels higher and while your atk/weap DMG may be good enough I bet your armor/defskills are lacking... try spamming DP if its high enough level although you really shouldn't begin platinum until 65-70 IMO unless you have the gear/modifications for it I have a level 55 in platinum while I can 1shot everything They can 1 shot me, especially those orcs.. so in all Id say try socketing some bs arts for arm and add some HP rings into some slots until your level catches up to within 7-10 of the tyr lisia mobs

your getting your butt whooped because your fighting creatures 20 or more levels higher and while your atk/weap DMG may be good enough I bet your armor/defskills are lacking... try spamming DP if its high enough level although you really shouldn't begin platinum until 65-70 IMO unless you have the gear/modifications for it I have a level 55 in platinum while I can 1shot everything They can 1 shot me, especially those orcs.. so in all Id say try socketing some bs arts for arm and add some HP rings into some slots until your level catches up to within 7-10 of the tyr lisia mobs

Not bad advice! Although he could be in Platinum with this build and his skillset at level 60; it is usually better to go run Gold swamp, desert, dryad and wasteland regions (whichever your preference!) until your suggestion of 65-70ish. His Divine Protection will not be spammable at this point, but it is a good suggestion to use it more frequently now that he's in Plat.

Debauchee - take out any and all chance to find valuables UNLESS it comes with an awesome "primary" modification like Regeneration per Hit, or All Skills. Replace with Blacksmith Arts like Whet(offence) or Anneal(defense) from Platinum blacksmith. Regeneration per Hit, and All skills are needed, as well as getting some armour with mods that increases your "attack" combat arts (ie Pelting Stikes), damage, defence, etc. But that doesn't have any "set" formula, All Skills as much as possible, and RpH should be around 1.5-2 seconds for your level. Then you can eat some runes into Pelting Strikes until the regeneration time is 5-7 seconds (3-4 times your RpH amount is the general rule).

You would probably find better items at shops with higher Bargaining...

Just curious, what's your armor, defense and hp running right now? (Ive got a level 45 seraphim but I'm taking my time in silver while I learn the game....and trying to get a few trophies out of the way while I'm at it, a couple more quests and I'll start hammering away to get to gold).

Probably half of what I see in shops are two-star right now, my Bargaining is 106 with my 'shopping' gear (six +4 Barg relics and a bunch of +all skills/+general skills gear) and 91 in my fighting gear. This is my biggest char by far but I think I've found decent enough gear for now...

"Not bad advice! Although he could be in Platinum with this build and his skillset at level 60"

Indeed he could be but with good armor and mods but what sticks out most is the lack I see in runes read his BS should have alot more than 15 since hes running 1 buff His current status is lucky to have beaten gold I see much need for potion spamming, butthe MF isnt really any good til he Masters EP so like you said scrap it and add def Id also say look for Twilight of the gods pieces for more slots farming the banshee is good for Holy Protection etc.. in gold then hop in platinum with up to snuff armor with forging the bronze slots with def/ARM he should find it much easier sry at first post I didnt browse his skill choices but hp rings all skills/ all Combat Art's Id even suggest buying some Life leech from opponent % Weapons but Id still recommend the 65-70 being he seems to be intermediate, lastly Shop for Aspect Exalted Warrior rings&necklaces with the RPH that should help alot

Edited by Couze

atk: 660

def: 338

matk: 189

hitpoints 4,125

magic def: 215

regeneration: 91.6/s

Weapons: Officers saber: 4 slots

115~144

faster increase of survival bonus +6.8%

conversion damage to magic +38.6%

chance to find valuables 24.8

Attack value +37

Blade of mutiny: 111~140: 3 slots

chance to critical hit +5%

Chance to fear opponent away +5%

Chance for open wounds +7.9%

Conversion damage to ice +38.9

regeneration time -8.7%

opponents defense value: -11.8%

Attack value + 26

Armor: holy protection:

439 def

regen penelty: +6.8%

damage +19.1%

Opponent level for death blow 27.0%

Chance to find valuables 10.8%

Armor + 14.8%

Offensive skills +5

All Skills + 5

Defense value 16.5%

thats what I got so far the officer sword may have its slots full of chance to find valuable stuff but I followed what you guys said on holy protection

atk: 660

def: 338

matk: 189

hitpoints 4,125

magic def: 215

regeneration: 91.6/s

Weapons: Officers saber: 4 slots

115~144

faster increase of survival bonus +6.8%

conversion damage to magic +38.6%

chance to find valuables 24.8

Attack value +37

Blade of mutiny: 111~140: 3 slots

chance to critical hit +5%

Chance to fear opponent away +5%

Chance for open wounds +7.9%

Conversion damage to ice +38.9

regeneration time -8.7%

opponents defense value: -11.8%

Attack value + 26

Armor: holy protection:

439 def

regen penelty: +6.8%

damage +19.1%

Opponent level for death blow 27.0%

Chance to find valuables 10.8%

Armor + 14.8%

Offensive skills +5

All Skills + 5

Defense value 16.5%

thats what I got so far the officer sword may have its slots full of chance to find valuable stuff but I followed what you guys said on holy protection

what about the rest of your armor?

was working on it after I posted the one above

Helmet:

blood stained headgear

25 armor

6 battle stance

-13.7% detrimental magic effects

defense value +52

still looking for a good shoulders

Bracers: wristguards of dusk

11 def

all skills +4

armor +14.5%

battle stance +5

visibility range +19.7%

Defense value + 16.2%

Attack value +65

Damage: Magic +20.8%

Gauntlets: Hero's mitts of wounding

Armor: 7

Chance for critical hits+3.1%

Chance to find valuables+4.0%

Pelting strikes +3

Barhaining +6

Damage: Poison +19.6%

Belt: Felt Waistband of coins (2 open silver slots)

armor: 10

All combat arts +6

Block chance combat arts +8.3%

Legs: Sophia's Protection

Armor 10

All skills+ 10

Shield lore +5

Damage mitigation: Physical +4.4%

Chance to unseat opponent +4.8%

Chance to evade +29%

Battle stance +4

Run Speed +10.9%

Boots: Ferric Plate Boots (1 open silver slot)

armor 29

Bargaining +7

Offensive skills+ 7

Block chance: root +10.3%

Need better wings aswell but this is what I wear for now

Wings: Ceramic Reinforced Wings of Influence

Armor 56

Peling strikes +7

Shield Regen +55.5%

Spell Intensity+ 27.7%

Block Chance: close combat +8.3%

Rings:

1 is a mf ring which I will change

1 is a +4 Battle stance +5 polearms

Talisman

General skills +4

I notice no Regeneration per Hit. VERY Important to get some of that, either on a weapon, or wearing jewelery.

ALWAYS keep your higher-damage weapon in your right-hand, since Combat Art damage is based on that weapon.

When shopping jewelery, now is the time to keep your eyes peeled for the hard-damage rings. Damage X-X but make sure it comes with a good second modifier, like all skills, RpH, or damage +%. Aspect: Exalted Warrior is good, too! Don't go too overboard with them, but 2,3 or 4 will show large improvements in your damage (with high Tactics Lore and some socketed damage +%)

I see that you have a lot of Battle Stance socketed, so I believe your buff should be in penalty levels? If so, DO NOT eat more runes into it now. If you end up changing armours, and lose some levels on BS, then you can use your judgement then if you need to eat some. I believe you can unsocket some now, and eat some runes, but it is soooo very tricky to recommend that without the controller in my hands!

I don't think regen per hit is really necessary with this build.

I'll assume his spamming skill is PS, which has an animation time of around 3-2.5 seconds, so no real need for it. Regen per hit is useful for skills such as Darting Assault or something similar which has a much lower animation time. Also, reading through his posts, he's needing to sort out his defence rather than his offence.

I have never used regen per hit on this build as it's somewhat wasted. I also think battle stance, with the correct mods, allows you to easily eat waaaaaaaaaaay above penalty. Around level 40 eating BS runes shouldn't have too much of a knock on effect. BS has a very low regen penalty compared to the likes of Barkskin etc.

He's also lacking Deathblow which is obscenely over powered once you get it to 60% and over. Enemies that are a chore now suddenly become irrelevant. Having around 40% life leach also helps you regenerate health, so that too is useful.

Yeah basically, if you're going toe to toe with enemies you're needing a decent defence (Divine Protection) and a means of disposing of them quickly (deathblow)

Edited by BlackJAC
I don't think regen per hit is really necessary with this build.

I'll assume his spamming skill is PS, which has an animation time of around 3-2.5 seconds, so no real need for it. Regen per hit is useful for skills such as [s2wiki]Darting Assault">Darting Assault">[s2wiki]Darting Assault or something similar which has a much lower animation time. Also, reading through his posts, he's needing to sort out his defence rather than his offence.

I have never used regen per hit on this build as it's somewhat wasted. I also think battle stance, with the correct mods, allows you to easily eat waaaaaaaaaaay above penalty. Around level 40 eating BS runes shouldn't have too much of a knock on effect. BS has a very low regen penalty compared to the likes of Barkskin etc.

He's also lacking Deathblow which is obscenely over powered once you get it to 60% and over. Enemies that are a chore now suddenly become irrelevant. Having around 40% life leach also helps you regenerate health, so that too is useful.

Yeah basically, if you're going toe to toe with enemies you're needing a decent defence (Divine Protection) and a means of disposing of them quickly (deathblow)

how important is actual armor from equipment in this equation? I ask only because looking at his gear, lots of sockets and modifiers but very little armor value.

Heya,

tho PS can be spammed if kept at low lvls, RpH will make high level PS spammable (quicker).... So, getting at least some RpH is certainly a good thing, as it will do alot for damage, and increase the scaling mods on the Combat Art's. It will also not be necessary to take the regen mods on the Combat Art's. They were good before RpH, but lost much of their power after.

Tis however true that animation time is a bit longer on PS, but the difference between a level 150 PS and say a level 50 PS is really quite the difference.

Get some decent RpH, and you will never have to worry about reading runes anymore. Not for BS, nor for Combat Art's. You will still have to balance it a bit.

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

With Divine Protection up and running, armour becomes somewhat insignificant. Chance to evade modifiers, Battle Stance and Divine Protection is all I used with a similar build. Didn't even feel the need to take armour lore past 20 soft points. All my sockets contained were chance to evade, deathblow, life leech, +all skills and +all Combat Art's. Anything else was merely because they happened to be the secondary effect on those particular jewels.

Like any toon build, it's all about utilising the skills at your disposal and this particular build has some of the best defensive Combat Art's found in the game, so I wouldn't go worrying about armour values like I would with a HE.

Heya,

tho PS can be spammed if kept at low lvls, RpH will make high level PS spammable (quicker).... So, getting at least some RpH is certainly a good thing, as it will do alot for damage, and increase the scaling mods on the Combat Art's.

Tis however true that animation time is a bit longer on PS, but the difference between a level 150 PS and say a level 50 PS is really quite the difference.

Get some decent RpH, and you will never have to worry about reading runes anymore. Not for BS, nor for Combat Art's. You will still have to balance it a bit.

Greetz

Whilst I agree there's a difference between those values you mentioned, they're a little bit overkill. Even on the highest difficulty, the game isn't so insanely difficult that you need to have PS at level 150. I don't think I've ever taken PS over level 60 and never encountered an enemy I couldn't take down quickly with a level 60 PS.

the only benefit I see having regen per hit with this build is if you have no intention of utilising deathblow.