Is there anyway to have 2 Sacred 2 (US and UK) on the same machine

Hi everyone !

Sorry for my bad english, I usualy speak french !

Ok, here my situation, I got:

--Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel (US) on CD (I live in Canada)

--Sacred 2 Gold edition (UK) downloaded from DL Gammer

I would like to use the US version so I can play with 2 friends (they don't plan to buy the UK version of Ice & Blood and we play on open net).

but I would also like to play with the expension solo and with all of you guys ! (on european server... I think ! you play on european server right ?)

But when I try installing the second version, window know there there already one installed. Is there a way to install both version on the same computer ?

I was thinking that if I:

install Uk version, patch, install ice and blood, patch, everything is working.

Export the registry Ascaron(UK) folder, delete it, restart the machine.

install the US version, patch, export the new registry of ascaron(US).

The idea is to have to 2 registry on my desktop, so if I want to play on US version, I just reinstall the US-registry, or vise versa for the UK version.

But when I install the second version,he see there already a Sacred 2 installed. So I suppose, deleting the Ascaron folder in the registry is not enough to trick the computer. Or I miss something ?

Any idea how I can install 2 versions of sacred 2 on the same computer ?

And is ther a way to bind the Q key (collect all) to a mouse button ?

Edited by Coagan
Hi everyone !

Sorry for my bad english, I usualy speak french !

Ok, here my situation, I got:

--Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel (US) on CD (I live in Canada)

--Sacred 2 Gold edition (UK) downloaded from DL Gammer

I would like to use the US version so I can play with 2 friends (they don't plan to buy the UK version of Ice & Blood and we play on open net).

but I would also like to play with the expension solo and with all of you guys ! (on european server... I think ! you play on european server right ?)

But when I try installing the second version, window know there there already one installed. Is there a way to install both version on the same computer ?

I was thinking that if I:

install Uk version, patch, install ice and blood, patch, everything is working.

Export the registry Ascaron(UK) folder, delete it, restart the machine.

install the US version, patch, export the new registry of ascaron(US).

The idea is to have to 2 registry on my desktop, so if I want to play on US version, I just reinstall the US-registry, or vise versa for the UK version.

But when I install the second version,he see there already a Sacred 2 installed. So I suppose, deleting the Ascaron folder in the registry is not enough to trick the computer. Or I miss something ?

Any idea how I can install 2 versions of sacred 2 on the same computer ?

And is ther a way to bind the Q key (collect all) to a mouse button ?

This may be both simpler and more complicated but.........

Is there a chance that you have more than one HDD or partition on your PC? I would create a dual boot environment, where when I turn the computer on I can choose my US or EU partitions. it will require 2 activation keys for windows however. but it is clean and easy to do. a couple of members here use dual OS machines. Schot ( Our always jolly Admin) and Knuckles (one of our Moderators) both are legendary Sacred, and Sacred2 players as well as past beta testers and both of them use Dual boot systems.

As our friendly neighborhood loco pointed out a Dual Boot method is a problem free method of doing what you're wanting. I did have some luck personally with having two different versions of Sacred 2 running in the same OS and even same Log In User so it's certainly possible. I think you are on the right track regarding Registry Keys...

If I assume correctly then what has happened is that you initially had the US version installed. Then you bought GOLD. Then you uninstalled US and then installed GOLD. I'm guessing that in this process some US Registry Keys were not removed by the uninstall as they should have. This has happened to me once before and it was resolved by deleting all Sacred 2 related Reg Keys. In your case you can't do that but if you look through your Registry Manually and using the search function you may be able to find the problem reg key. I think your plan to export the Ascaron Registry folder could work well but here's one other alternative that might work. You could create a new Windows User Account with Admin privileges. Then log out and log in to the new user account and try installing from there. If that works you'll be able to start both game versions from your main User Account. Installing from a different User Account might be just enough to bypass the Registry problem.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes! :D

P.s.

I have the same as you, US on CD and UK Downloaded. I just tried to install my US copy and it went ahead and started installing the files so it is certainly possible. Soon after I canceled it of course.

Thank for your answer ! :D

Schot: Yes, I have installed the US firts, and Uk after that, so nothing was working, so a guy at work, told me about the registry idea, so back to home, I unintall everything and deleted the registry. So I think I was ok on this side. :)

As for now, I have both version installed, but when I start the UK version, I don't see text in the menu and have no sound !

so I test this :

I use my registry US and start Sacred 2 US, and everything is good !

I use my registry UK, and start Sacred 2 UK and still no text ans no sound.

Any idea anyone ? :)

I will try to create another account soon, if it doesn't not work, I would probably try a dua boot, for now I have windows 7, I could use my old Windows Vista for the second OS

Edited by Coagan

EDIT: Renaming the en_UK folder to en_US "might" also resolve the problem without the need to do the other edits I mentioned. Try this first.

Ah yes, forgot about that lil prob...

In the game install there is a folder called en_US for the US version and en_UK for the UK version. On top of that you have what I believe is a single registry key that both versions will share that pertains to "Speech" and "Language". Their values are likely set to en_US at the moment.

I "think" you can get around this problem by changing the "Speech" and "Language" values from en_US to en_UK. If you still don't see text then try using optionsCustom in addtion to the changed Reg values. Within it you should put in the following:

locale = {
language = "en_UK",
speech = "en_UK",
}

And whenever you want to play your US copy just undo the changes you made. It's been a long time but I'm pretty sure that when I was doing this that I only needed to use the optionsCustom.

Some general info on optionsCustom

Play around a bit. I'd love to read how it goes for you. :D

Thank you Schot !

I did make another User account and it work! And I think it's a better option because, if I could play on the same account, the save game is shared between the US and UK, so if by mistake I use a US save game when I play with the UK version of Sacred 2, it become a UK save game (2.65.1), so impossible to play with my friend (2.43.0) (we play on Open net because my friend find there to much lag in closed net.

And just for information, I already check if my folder name was _US in my Sacred 2 UK, and not, it was still _UK, I even check the registry and it was _UK to, and when I use my US registry, and check the registry, the language and speech was _US.

Well, so now it work... I will go learn some MODO (3D application) ! :D