Game won't run on PS3 anymore

I think I'm having the same problem as http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14670 but I tried to delete the cache by going to

1. Game

2. Save Data Utility

3. Erased Sacred 2

4. Game Data

4. Erased 4k+ mb of Sacred 2

My PS3 was reading the disc, went through the intro screens, but after I press START it shows a little scrambled box at the top of my screen. My other games work fine, and it seems that Sacred is the only one not working. I'm currently reinstalling the game right now and hopefully this works. I just lost my characters though, and I had spent 20+ hours finally getting my Seraphim to level 2x (yeah, a lot of those were exploring and etc). Right before the game wouldn't start working, I was working on a Voodoo Dryad (Black Magic Woman build). I got her up to level 15 in about 3 hours of straight play. Would this have anything to do with corrupting my data? Has anyone encountered something like this? I'm still new to the PS3 world and just wanna know how to prevent this in the future so I won't lose all the effort I put in the game.

:D

Glad it worked for you raYne though it's a real shame that you lost your characters in the process. :D I've not heard of this happening before so hopefully it's a very random occurrence.