Successfully Moved to PC fron Console...a few questions.

I've successfully moved from my PS3 version to the PC version!

I already am enjoying it a lot more, and have 2 quick questions to begin with.

1. There's a maximum number of 4 combat slots and 3 buff slots, but that's still a lot less than the 12 combined slots on the PS3! How do you guys approach this? For example, while playing a Dryad, I might want Golden Glade Touch, Acute Mind, Edaphic Lances, Tangled Vines, Viperish Disease, Black Curse, etc. all hotkeyed.

2. I remember that I could see a blue health bar for my Moribund Animus on the PS3 version. I know that now there's the added complexity of commands you can give to your minions, but is there a way to see my hireling's health? When I was doing a few quests, the hirelings had a health bar on the right hand side of the screen, but my MA hireling does not have this.

Thanks!

I've successfully moved from my PS3 version to the PC version!

I already am enjoying it a lot more, and have 2 quick questions to begin with.

1. There's a maximum number of 4 combat slots and 3 buff slots, but that's still a lot less than the 12 combined slots on the PS3! How do you guys approach this? For example, while playing a Dryad, I might want Golden Glade Touch, Acute Mind, Edaphic Lances, Tangled Vines, Viperish Disease, Black Curse, etc. all hotkeyed.

2. I remember that I could see a blue health bar for my Moribund Animus on the PS3 version. I know that now there's the added complexity of commands you can give to your minions, but is there a way to see my hireling's health? When I was doing a few quests, the hirelings had a health bar on the right hand side of the screen, but my MA hireling does not have this.

Thanks!

The number of available slot was a serious adjustment for me when I "converted" to PC. I used to slot all 12 of my hot buttons right from low level on console. and hot swapping buffs with just 2 button presses was easy on console too. now you got make some choices on whats important at the moment, and creative combo's are more important now too. if you went with Ice and Blood you will eventually get 5 weaps. 5 Combat Arts. but only 1 Buff until you take concentration then is lets you slot 2. and you cant put a Combat Art in a weapons slot.

Haha the challenge just went up a bit didn't it? :(

As for minion health, I think you have to mouse over the minion to see its health. followers will still show a health bar on the right side of the screen under the minimap.

Enjoy, its like they took a game you knew so well and mixed up all the buttons eh? don't worry you will get the hang of it quickly.

Great news cloud, welcome to PC, and you're in expert hands with loco who has just about nailed all the angles down on successful platform transplants ^^

Do you think you'll give HC a try, after perhaps dipping the toe in a touch of SC to learn the ropes, or going full bore immedietely into Pepto Bismol country?

Beware of heart beats that rival BPMs of fancy late night discos

:(

gogo

Haha, I did indeed get Ice and Blood (Gold) as well. I am really looking forward to playing more, but I have some life things coming up early this week so have to wait until after that, sigh. So basically I've installed and patched/updated everything, and it's just sitting there, taunting me, while I should really be doing my other things. I'll try that hireling tip when I get the chance.

Is there a downside to summoning the little demon that carries your hero chest? It seems awfully convenient to be able to access your chest from anywhere!

Edit: Thanks for the welcome, gogo! I do think I will give HC a try...I'm a D2 oldie myself, and had quite a few level 90+ HC characters. Hopefully my network will let me able to play online with you guys (on a medical campus at the moment).

Oh and sorry, but I seem to be loaded with questions!

- How many characters can I have before I have to purchase new slots?

- Casting speed works for non-weapon arts in a combo, right?

Edited by cloudblade70
Haha, I did indeed get Ice and Blood (Gold) as well. I am really looking forward to playing more, but I have some life things coming up early this week so have to wait until after that, sigh. So basically I've installed and patched/updated everything, and it's just sitting there, taunting me, while I should really be doing my other things. I'll try that hireling tip when I get the chance.

Is there a downside to summoning the little demon that carries your hero chest? It seems awfully convenient to be able to access your chest from anywhere!

Edit: Thanks for the welcome, gogo! I do think I will give HC a try...I'm a D2 oldie myself, and had quite a few level 90+ HC characters. Hopefully my network will let me able to play online with you guys (on a medical campus at the moment).

Oh and sorry, but I seem to be loaded with questions!

- How many characters can I have before I have to purchase new slots?

- Casting speed works for non-weapon arts in a combo, right?

on closed net you will get 8 slots for characters. on offline mode you can creatively save at least 99. although they will not all show in your inv, more on that later

The number of available slot was a serious adjustment for me when I "converted" to PC. I used to slot all 12 of my hot buttons right from low level on console. and hot swapping buffs with just 2 button presses was easy on console too. now you got make some choices on whats important at the moment, and creative combo's are more important now too. if you went with Ice and Blood you will eventually get 5 weaps. 5 Combat Arts. but only 1 Buff until you take concentration then is lets you slot 2. and you cant put a Combat Art in a weapons slot.
Wow, I didn't even think about that. Combat Art's are bound to the number keys though, right? Can you assign more than keys 1-4 (or 5 when you get it)?

:(
Wow, I didn't even think about that. Combat Art's are bound to the number keys though, right? Can you assign more than keys 1-4 (or 5 when you get it)?

:)

As far as I now, there is only 5 of each (weapon/Combat Art) no matter how you customize your key bindings. the upside is changing the Combat Arts you have slotted in between battles is easier on PC. just hit E and drag and drop what you need and your ready to go. not something to do in battle but there are always pauses between mobs. And on PC you can fight with the E,C,F windows open. well not all three but I have fought with 2 open before.

As far as I now, there is only 5 of each (weapon/Combat Art) no matter how you customize your key bindings. the upside is changing the Combat Arts you have slotted in between battles is easier on PC. just hit E and drag and drop what you need and your ready to go. not something to do in battle but there are always pauses between mobs. And on PC you can fight with the E,C,F windows open. well not all three but I have fought with 2 open before.
Fair enough.

It is slightly confusing having 5 slots for weapons. Does anyone really need that many weapons available on hand at one time? Wouldn't it make more sense to have 2 (maybe 3) slots for weapons and the rest for Combat Arts? For example, Dryad. I'd probably want Ravaged Impact/Darting Assault/Acute Mind and Golden Glade Touch available, which would fill most/all (pre Ice and Blood) of those slots. But then I'd want access to Edaphic Lances and Tangled Vine when going up against bosses. Definitely sounds like combos are the way to go, but this could take some adjusting!

Sorry for the thread hijack cloud :)

Edited by dreeft
Fair enough.

It is slightly confusing having 5 slots for weapons. Does anyone really need that many weapons available on hand at one time? Wouldn't it make more sense to have 2 (maybe 3) slots for weapons and the rest for Combat Arts? For example, Dryad. I'd probably want Ravaged Impact/Darting Assault/Acute Mind and Golden Glade Touch available, which would fill most/all (pre Ice and Blood) of those slots. But then I'd want access to Edaphic Lances and Tangled Vine when going up against bosses. Definitely sounds like combos are the way to go, but this could take some adjusting!

It's no problem at all. It is a forum, after all! I'm really enjoying the SHIFT-click for telling your hirelings who to attack, I can foresee that will make The Swirling Mist of Miasma much easier for my summoner...

On another note, do the unlock codes still work? Someone from the thread was kind enough to PM me the list, but when I type unlock XXX in the in-game ~ console, nothing happens!

Fair enough.

It's no problem at all. It is a forum, after all! I'm really enjoying the SHIFT-click for telling your hirelings who to attack, I can foresee that will make The Swirling Mist of Miasma much easier for my summoner...

On another note, do the unlock codes still work? Someone from the thread was kind enough to PM me the list, but when I type unlock XXX in the in-game ~ console, nothing happens!

yes they still work. but only once per code per character. if the code is in all caps. use the shift key for capitol letters. I have used them without any trouble. and the weapon drops at your feet.

Fair enough.

So it sounds like PC has 5 weapon, 5 Combat Art and 1,2 or 3 buff slots (depending on concentration)? For a total of 11,12 or 13 slots... but obviously not as customizable as the console. But then, you get a mouse and its right/left click trickery.

That pretty much summarizes how I have my setups when going thru Niob. I typically try to have at least 3, if not all 5 types of damage ready to use; so I have a physical weapon set, fire weapon set, etc.... although only 2, maybe 3 types are used in any one region, and I keep the others/spares in the chest (no carrier imps on console). Currently, I have 4 weapons slotted, and only 4 combos/Combat Art's. 3 for my buffs, and one empty, incase I pick up something I don't want to accidentally sell or scrap. Sometimes the empty weapon slot is used for my "buff suit" but not at the moment.

Edited by essjayehm
If you wouldn't mind sharing, drop me a PM :)

So it sounds like PC has 5 weapon, 5 Combat Art and 1,2 or 3 buff slots (depending on concentration)? For a total of 11,12 or 13 slots... but obviously not as customizable as the console. But then, you get a mouse and its right/left click trickery.

That pretty much summarizes how I have my setups when going thru Niob. I typically try to have at least 3, if not all 5 types of damage ready to use; so I have a physical weapon set, fire weapon set, etc.... although only 2, maybe 3 types are used in any one region, and I keep the others/spares in the chest (no carrier imps on console). Currently, I have 4 weapons slotted, and only 4 combos/Combat Art's. 3 for my buffs, and one empty, incase I pick up something I don't want to accidentally sell or scrap. Sometimes the empty weapon slot is used for my "buff suit" but not at the moment.

Yeh, that makes a fair amount of sense. I usually keep extra weapons in my inventory, but I can definitely see the advantage to having them slotted and easily accessible. Not to mention not taking up more space.

Btw, You can get the carrier imp on the 360, it's DLC. Costs a few hundred points, from memory.

If you wouldn't mind sharing, drop me a PM :)

Yeh, that makes a fair amount of sense. I usually keep extra weapons in my inventory, but I can definitely see the advantage to having them slotted and easily accessible. Not to mention not taking up more space.

Btw, You can get the carrier imp on the 360, it's DLC. Costs a few hundred points, from memory.

Good news for Xboxers! No, I don't mean Mike Tyson :P

Edited by essjayehm

I've only played for 30 minutes now, but will have a lot more time after tonight! When I was playing I noticed sometimes I or the enemy would have this blue/yellow circle around our heads, what does that mean?

Here's an example of what I mean: http://www.pcgameshardware.com/screenshots...nd-Blood-02.jpg

The enemy here has some swirls around its head!

I've only played for 30 minutes now, but will have a lot more time after tonight! When I was playing I noticed sometimes I or the enemy would have this blue/yellow circle around our heads, what does that mean?

Here's an example of what I mean: http://www.pcgameshardware.com/screenshots...nd-Blood-02.jpg

that is the visual effect of the secondary effect Weakening.

Ah, I see. So Burn looks like fire, Poison looks like poison, Weaken is that blue swirl thing...and apparently in my game Freeze looks like that blue swirl thing too and slows the enemy down? I have a blowpipe with Phys/Ice damage only, so it can't be Weaken.

Also...I tried going on Multiplayer, but I couldn't connect to the server. I tried opening the ports in my firewall, turning my firewall, and nothing worked. Do I have to install anything else to be able to play online (I don't know what the server patches are for). If that's not the case, then it's probably just my campus's network firewall settings that aren't allowing Sacred 2 to work.

Edited by cloudblade70

Ah, I see. So Burn looks like fire, Poison looks like poison, Weaken is that blue swirl thing...and apparently in my game Freeze looks like that blue swirl thing too and slows the enemy down? I have a blowpipe with Phys/Ice damage only, so it can't be Weaken.

Also...I tried going on Multiplayer, but I couldn't connect to the server. I tried opening the ports in my firewall, turning my firewall, and nothing worked. Do I have to install anything else to be able to play online (I don't know what the server patches are for). If that's not the case, then it's probably just my campus's network firewall settings that aren't allowing Sacred 2 to work.

As long as you are on 2.65.1 or .2 you should be fine. port 6800 must be open. do you get to the closed net lobby, and can see the servers?