Unique mount regen times question

Hey everyone, I'm new to this game, loving it, and slowly but surely figuring things out. I ran into something that I wanted to ask about before proceeding. I am level 14 high elf playing bronze offline (to get used to the mechanics of all of this) and just unlocked the ability to purchase the unique mounts for my character on the island by beating the 3rd group of T-mutants. the mounts that are available to me are all around levels 14-16 and all at least 'regeneration time of all combat arts +50%.' this means that with the -33.3% counterbalance that is available for each of the 3 aspects I would still at best be suffering at least +16.7%. Can anybody explain to me what is going on? I have tried restarting the game and going back to 'shuffle' the options but it's always at least +50% before the counterbalance and the number just goes up with higher levels of the mount.

thanks in advance, and I did try to search

The unique mounts are based on the aspect and then there is a regular one. For the Wind Serpent you can choose between one for Arrant Pyromancer, Mystic Stormite and Delphic Arcania and one with some resistance. It lowers the regeneration time of that aspect and increases for the other ones. Let's say you play with a pyro build, then you would go for the arrant pyromancer wind serpent, since it lowers the regeneration of the aspect arrant pyromancer. So be sure to pick one you use the most.

Here you find more information: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Mounts

thanks for the reply. I've looked into all of that already. my issue is that I'm seeing +30/-33.3 on the examples but my options were at best +50/-33.3. I just realized that the example on sacredwiki is at level 1, so if you can confirm that a level 15 wind serpent should be ~ +50/-33.3 then I guess my issue is solved lol :P.

I went ahead and bought the arrant pyromancer wind serpent and have fiddled for a while, and it seems the regeneration rate for all combat arts just gets worse the higher the mount levels. I guess some things in this game are just backwards for a reason.

Z

thanks for the reply. I've looked into all of that already. my issue is that I'm seeing +30/-33.3 on the examples but my options were at best +50/-33.3. I just realized that the example on sacredwiki is at level 1, so if you can confirm that a level 15 wind serpent should be ~ +50/-33.3 then I guess my issue is solved lol :P.

I went ahead and bought the arrant pyromancer wind serpent and have fiddled for a while, and it seems the regeneration rate for all combat arts just gets worse the higher the mount levels. I guess some things in this game are just backwards for a reason.

What you are seeing is correct. Its the penalty for having the HP boost. And speed from the mount. Also if you fight while mounted the mount will level faster than you makng that penalty grow even larger

This is why most all my builds, I socket run speed as soon as I can and get that to at least 140%. Then I'll work my suit around that run speed. The higher level I get I can start to reduce the amount of run speed that is socketed, as the bonuses for the armor piece increases. Only build I have not done this with is the Temple Guardian because he just rocks on is Uni-Harley. And the Intel Staff Hunter Dryad because I need the Hitpoint boost from the mount. Also one good thing about a mount is that if you take too much damage the mount will "Take it for the Team" and die first. This gives you just enough of a reaction time to hit a health pot. If your reaction is fast enough that is. And only hit it once. there is about a 4 second delay time before that kicks in. If you hit the health too many too fast is will have diminishing returns. So basically you get a watered down potion instead of the full strength.

The higher level you get, and your aspect gets, you won't really notice this regen penalty. And I see your on pc, If you are running the latest Ice and Blood version there is Regen per Hit. Even if you are a caster your left click weapon attack will pop this Regen per Hit and allow your high regen time combat arts to cycle faster. I have a Voodoo/Nature Dryad at level 100 some of her combat arts are at 20 seconds regen. But I use a blowgun left click attack and the RPH pops my Combat Art to allow me to recast immediately.

hey thanks guys, been a big help ;)

How 'bout s'more?

Riding skill, if you can find room in your build, will reduce that regen penalty.... with high enough levels (from +all skills), then the mount regen penalty eventually goes into the NEGATIVES... meaning that your Combat Art's regen. faster when mounted than when not. If you're using an aspect mount, the regen. for that aspect will be greatly reduced.

Ride On!