Odjin's Astal Lord

I have recently started playing again with a few friends and this is what I was planning on build.

Here is my build from start to finsh. I put the modifications in the order I plan on taking them. Looking for any suggestions or thoughts on him. (this is for Xbox360)

Astral Lord - Shadow Warrior

Astral Lord Lore - 125 3rd mastery

Astral Lord Focus - 100 1st mastery

Concentration - 75 2nd mastery

Tactics Lore - 100 4th mastery

Sword Weapons - 75 7th mastery

Shield Lore - 75 8th mastery

Armor Lore - 75 5th mastery

Spell Resistance - 100 9th mastery

Combat Reflexes - 100 10th mastery

Toughness - 75 6th mastery

Astral Lord

Nether Allegiance

Sharp Blades - The spectral soldiers infilct more damage

Spectral Shield - Equip summoned soldiers with greatly enhanced shields

Elite Equipment - Upgrades the spectral soldiers armor

Shadow Veil

Creep - Opponents have to get closer to detect Shadow Warrior

Fade - Greatly reduces the detection radius while casting spells

Sinister Pact - The effect of Shadow Veil is permanent

Rallied Souls

Dark Realm - Increases the effective range of the conjuration

Demand - Chance to animate an increased number of corpses

Contagion - Adds a chance for the animated corpses to infect their victims

Skeletal Fortification

Rapid Fire - Increases the skeletal tower's firing rate

Arcane Power - Adds magic damage

Scatter Shot - Adds another projectile to the skeletal tower

Spectral Hand

Clout - Increases the damage the spectral hand inflicts

Intent - Increases the chance to land critical hits

Double Attack - Chance to strike twice with one hit

Malevolent Champion

Reflective Emanation

Backlash - Adds a chance to also reflect ranged attacks

Antimagic - Adds a chance to reflect incoming spells

Idol - Extends the reflective effect to all party members

Augmenting Guidon

Elite - Increases attack and defense values by 50%

Healing - Heals party members within area of effect

Leadership - Increases attack and cast speed of allied units within Area of Effect

Killing Spree

Control - Additionally increases the Shadow Warrior's attack value

Perserverance - Prolongs the duration of Killing Spree

Sway - Additionally increases the Shadow Warrior's attack speed

Death Warrior

Demonic Blow

Wounding - Chance to cause an open wound (DoT)

Poisoning - Adds poison damage (DoT)

Trauma - Chance to cause a severe wound

Rousing Command

War Song - The battle cry intensifies and increases attack value even more

Impulse - Increases attack speed

Leader - Rousing command will also affect nearby party members

Ruinous Onslaught

Fend - Further increases defense value

Adrenaline - The Shadow Warrior sustains less damage during the charge

Adrenaline - The Shadow Warrior sustains less damage during the charge

Edited by Odjin

Welcome to FDM!

Glad to see your post. Since this is a build idea and note fully tested yet. I moved this topic to the discussions area.

good luck with our build!

cheers

Hello,

I am currently playing an Astral Build and mine looks nothing like yours. When I think of Astral I look at it as a Summoner Type build sorta like a Necromancer except you get to stay in the shadows which is a bonus. You have your minons do all of the dirty work and you control your army in battle.

With your build it seems like a fighter build with Astral as a support skill. Death Warrior Skills, Sword Lore, Shield Lore, Tactics, Toughness these are not needed in a Astral Build unless your are picking a skill to unlock something else.

How about something like this:

Astral Lord Lore

Astral Lord Focus

Concentration

Malevolent Champion Focus

Armor Lore

Hafted Weapons (best damage, works great with Spectral Hand)

Ancient Magic

Combat Reflexes

Riding 5 points to unlock Enhanced Perception

Enhanced Perception great way to find items

I would change the following and whats not listed leave the same (NO Death Warrior Skills):

Astral:

Rallied Soul : Armament (1a), Vivification (2a) and Contagion (3a) => Armor + Soul duration + Infection. This works great and when you Souls convert others is great.

Malevolent Champion:

Augmenting Guidon : Ensign (1b), Healing (2a) and Fear (3a) => Expend Area of effect + Healing in the area of effect + Reduces attack of the opponents. What can I say fear works great.

Belligerent Vault : Routine (1b), Shock (2b) and Commotion (3a) => Regeneration + Confused/slow down + Stun in the area.

Well there are my two cents, I have made alot of the Astral Builds through experience/mistakes etc., I have learned alot.

Edited by Zeus331

Ok...build looks alright...might I recommend in place of Combat Reflexes & Spell Resistance you instead take Ancient Magic & Constitution and as for the weapons of choice...like Zeus said go with Hafted Weapons instead of Sword Weapons...reason is cus you can then use your choice of Single Handed Hafted Weapons with a Shield or 2 Handed Hafted Weapons!

Now as for Combat Art Mods...you sorta have the wrong idea here but that's alright cus were all here to help!

Astral Lord

Nether Allegiance:

Sharp Blades = more damage

Commander = Summons Extra Spectral Soldier

Elite Equipment = Enhances their armor

Shadow Veil: You have this one right!

Rallied Souls: Don't mess with this one cus in my Experience I've actually had the Souls turn on me before!

Skeletal Fortification: You have this one right!

Spectral Hand: You have this one right!

Malevolent Champion

Reflective Emanation: You have everything right on this one except for the Gold Mod!

3rd-Riposte = Increases the damage reflected back at enemy

Augmenting Guidon: You have this one right!

Killing Spree: Never tried it can't tell you how to mod it

Belligerent Vault: I recommend use of this one cus it is like a jump for the shadow warrior!

Reach = Extends range

Unaware = Reduces opponent's defense value

Unbound = Good chance to break rooting effects

Death Warrior

Demonic Blow:

Vehemence = Chance to inflict area damage

Frailty = Reduces opponent's armor class briefly

Trauma = Chance to cause a severe wound

Ruinous Onslaught & Rousing Command: Don't know how to mod them cus I never tried them

Scything Sweep: I recommend this one in a combo with Demonic blow!

Force = More Damage

Intent = Chance to land critical hits

Hurl = Sends opponent's flying away as projectiles

Note: If you want to get all these mod points for these other aspects you're going to have to put alot of points into Tactics Lore!

Anyway...I hope you've found this info useful & good luck with your Shadow Warrior!

Ok...build looks alright...might I recommend in place of Combat Reflexes & Spell Resistance you instead take Ancient Magic & Constitution and as for the weapons of choice...like Zeus said go with Hafted Weapons instead of Sword Weapons...reason is cus you can then use your choice of Single Handed Hafted Weapons with a Shield or 2 Handed Hafted Weapons!

Now as for Combat Art Mods...you sorta have the wrong idea here but that's alright cus were all here to help!

Astral Lord

Nether Allegiance:

Sharp Blades = more damage

Commander = Summons Extra Spectral Soldier

Elite Equipment = Enhances their armor

Shadow Veil: You have this one right!

Rallied Souls: Don't mess with this one cus in my Experience I've actually had the Souls turn on me before!

Skeletal Fortification: You have this one right!

Spectral Hand: You have this one right!

Malevolent Champion

Reflective Emanation: You have everything right on this one except for the Gold Mod!

3rd-Riposte = Increases the damage reflected back at enemy

Augmenting Guidon: You have this one right!

Killing Spree: Never tried it can't tell you how to mod it

Belligerent Vault: I recommend use of this one cus it is like a jump for the shadow warrior!

Reach = Extends range

Unaware = Reduces opponent's defense value

Unbound = Good chance to break rooting effects

Death Warrior

Demonic Blow:

Vehemence = Chance to inflict area damage

Frailty = Reduces opponent's armor class briefly

Trauma = Chance to cause a severe wound

Ruinous Onslaught & Rousing Command: Don't know how to mod them cus I never tried them

Scything Sweep: I recommend this one in a combo with Demonic blow!

Force = More Damage

Intent = Chance to land critical hits

Hurl = Sends opponent's flying away as projectiles

Note: If you want to get all these mod points for these other aspects you're going to have to put alot of points into Tactics Lore!

Anyway...I hope you've found this info useful & good luck with your Shadow Warrior!

I think Enhanced Perception works fine. try maxing it at 75?

This is not a pure Astral Build it would be more of a Hybrid if anything. With all of those offensive skills along with toughness he does not plan on being in the shadows with Shadow Veil he plans on fighting right along his minons which is not a problem but it is not a true Astral Build. If I am not mistaken a few of his skills once he used them he would become uncloaked and would have to fight anyway.

"Reflective Emanation: You have everything right on this one except for the Gold Mod!

3rd-Riposte = Increases the damage reflected back at enemy." Your Minons do the work the idea of taking this skill in the first place is to protect you when your minons get hit with some nasty crit. spells and you still take the damage even if your in the shadows. So the reason for modding Idol because it extends the reflective effect to all party members. Therefore you get some protection from crit. spells.

"Nether Allegiance: Commander = Summons Extra Spectral Soldier" if you made it to niob your skellies would be useless.

I think need to take Malevolent Champion Focus to reduce the regen times and I would drop Astral Lore.

GentleMan, I had to edit your posts due to the negative comments made towards each other. Honestly, we can have opposite points of view on builds with out attacking each other.

If you have any questions about what I edit or the reason's for it

you can send my a PM.

thanks

Loco

to Zeus: Thanks for the suggestions, your right I dont plan on staying completely in the shadows all the time. I will switch from Sword to Hafted tho. Although once I have Shadow Viel up at a higher level, you can be able to cast spells without losing the invisibility. I am not sure if using Demonic Blow counts as a spell or an attack tho.

to Skylar: Thanks for advice, unfortunately by the time I saw your suggestion for Nether Allegiance - Commander = Extra soldier, I was already level 12. I am choosing Idol for gold mod on Reflective Emanation because I will be playing him mostly with other people. I will swap out Combat Reflexes for Constitution tho. Otherwise, I have a Death Warrior and Malevonent Champion only Shadow Warrior that I will try the Belligerent Vault, Demonic Blow, and Scything Sweep on.