Bargaining - which class/build would make the quickest/easiest leveler?

So, I haven't really had item problems with any of my characters so far, but after reading a few posts it sounds like having a bargaining character is necessary. Any suggestions (please)? I don't relish the idea of creating yet another character that I'll only be leveling to buy things for my other characters, so I was wondering which class/build would make the quickest/easiest leveler?

A long time back, Schot came up with the critical idea of setting up a level two bargainer High Elf. You put one point in..it's maxed, and hugey maxed because the ratio of points to spread at that level is so low. I think you this because after spending the ten minutes to set this up, you'll be completely and hopelessly addicted to bargaining once you the huge number of extra shiney things in the store with mods you had not even dreamed about.

Yes I'm evil.

And welcome to DarkMatters!

;)

gogo

I suppose I'm the only one that remembers the bfg seraphim one hitting bosses and using bargaining to easily acquire items

x) well maybe it's just me, but I think the bfg shopper seraphim is definitely the fastest, the voodoo dryad only appears to work at high levels, if at all, on consoles as the damage viperish disease does is well...laughable(at it's greatest). Truly disgraceful would be a better term, 1 damage per second and against level 30's it does a whopping 3 damage per second =D stellar!(/rant)

so yea, with little time invested in leveling, shopper seraphim Imho is the least painful bet.

On the topic of bargaining, and not to hijack the thread, but is there any real reason to add more points into bargaining (via gear) once all the items at merchants are yellows?

timesink...

S...a... c... r... e... d... 2...

... Timesink

:pitcher:

gogo

Just means you don't have to find another game to play for a good long time, no? :o

Thanks everyone! One question though, is the level 2 HE bargainer for testing it out, because I'm already addicted to bargaining (went ahead and made an Inquisitor. bargainer, currently level ten)?

Nah, a level 2 is for equipping all new characters with gear that should hopefully last them up to the next bargainer (generally 15ish).

So I just changed out some gear/runes/etc. to get my level 10 Inquisitor's bargaining up to 27 and... :P

I'm pretty sure some of this level 10-11 stuff is better than what my 15-20 characters are using! Also, got my first lightsaber, red's a nice color for my Inquisitor lol.

Dangit! You were right about bargaining being addictive, now I want to play my bargainer more than the TG I was trying to level :P Think this should be my last question, is it possible to get a full set of armor or a few weapons that would be roughly equal to or better than the actual class sets/unique weapons you can find normally?

Edited by Rndm
Dangit! You were right about bargaining being addictive, now I want to play my bargainer more than the TG I was trying to level :P Think this should be my last question, is it possible to get a full set of armor or a few weapons that would be roughly equal to or better than the actual class sets/unique weapons you can find normally?

I've got a biased opinion, since I can't trade for sets... bargaining will always be able to find me better setups than what I've managed to gather in the form of set pieces.

But the unique weapons I've found to be used more than the ones I shop out.

Ok, thanks, haven't done much trading here either so I'll probably end up shopping for armor a good deal of the time. So if unique weapons tend to be better is it advisabel to also take EP/ have an EP character to help keep other characters equipped with uniques (possibly legendaries?)?

Ok, thanks, haven't done much trading here either so I'll probably end up shopping for armor a good deal of the time. So if unique weapons tend to be better is it advisabel to also take EP/ have an EP character to help keep other characters equipped with uniques (possibly legendaries?)?

Ep is bargaining's evil twin, often times you'll get nothing but junk, however just like bargaining if you have the patience to kill things, notably mini-bosses, you will find great equipment. It actually takes only a few points in EP to make this happen, although the things you can find, such as those my friend's 42 seraphim with 80+ EP and 0% survival bonus(he dies...alot) finds, can be amazing. Even to the point of dwarfing most other equips, if you want 3 star or unique items that are just as good if not better than those found bargaining just by killing monsters(read: free), EP is the skill for you.

Another great write up here, this one on EP. I love it when people are able to put EP into the context of gaming, and really show how this skill can shine for those peeps that dont' want to slow down their forward progression using bargaining.

Good post Andrew, and great seeing this flurry of contributions to the mysteries of Sacred 2 again.

We missed you here on the boards friend.

:)

gogo

Thanks for all the info! Think I might need to make a bargaining/ep character, or just ep (I've found that leveling up my shopper is hard when I'm constantly teleporting between merchants, that and I enjoy clearing groups of enemies more than spending 10 mil gold every 2 minutes :) ).

Probably going to go ahead and make an EP/Bargaining (BFG?) Seraphim (group clearing to level, pausing every once in a while to do some bargaining), anywho, I'm off to bargainfind! :)

I suppose I'm the only one that remembers the bfg seraphim one hitting bosses and using bargaining to easily acquire items

x) well maybe it's just me, but I think the bfg shopper seraphim is definitely the fastest, the voodoo dryad only appears to work at high levels, if at all, on consoles as the damage viperish disease does is well...laughable(at it's greatest). Truly disgraceful would be a better term, 1 damage per second and against level 30's it does a whopping 3 damage per second =D stellar!(/rant)

so yea, with little time invested in leveling, shopper seraphim Imho is the least painful bet.

really?can you get 100 levels in under 20 hours? (karruptedkat seems to be able to at will with a VD Dryad). It will take me 50 hours but then I havent been focusing on leveling, I've been running the campaign and hitting griffon a lot as well as spending lots of time using bargaining. Seriously, its insane to watch the xp roll in, viperish disease damage may be laughable to you but after about 5 minutes of running, when the whole area is infected, and they start dying en masse, its crazy. not saying BFG seraphim isnt good too since I've never played one

really?can you get 100 levels in under 20 hours? (karruptedkat seems to be able to at will with a VD Dryad). It will take me 50 hours but then I havent been focusing on leveling, I've been running the campaign and hitting griffon a lot as well as spending lots of time using bargaining. Seriously, its insane to watch the xp roll in, viperish disease damage may be laughable to you but after about 5 minutes of running, when the whole area is infected, and they start dying en masse, its crazy. not saying BFG seraphim isnt good too since I've never played one

I'm not quite sure what others are doing but I have never seen it do any real damage, I can infect like crazy and it's kind of funny to see a giant green horde of infected monsters, but perhaps it's a higher level thing as doing 1 or 2 damage a time really doesn't kill anything. I seriously doubt a VD dryad could get to 100 in 20 hours without some serious +experience and more then a few level 200 socketed rings. Unless of course we're talking PC and a hacked +50x experience server then it'll only take a very short time naturally. Unfortunately ps3 doesn't have those :)

Perhaps I haven't been using it right though, I'd love to know what your friend was using to hit 100 in such a short time.

Edit: just made the build online(solo) following the guide to the letter, and got to level 8 before it disconnected me. Psn doesn't seem able to support the kind of data even when solo, if anyone wants to use the dryad build, I would say make it offline only, even when solo it seems to just lag out and cancel the game. Definitely think seraphim is still a better choice, if not for the coop possibility still the greatly reduced lag, not to mention the hotty with a giant rifle. :)

Edited by Sarcolemming