I'm having trouble in Fallen Angel's desert...

Ok,so I start the game out with a about 4 deaths because it was my experimental character and I tried new things that didn't work.(For the record this was my first time playing.)Well I only had four death up to the point when I get to the desert for some reason I died the first time since I started the game with those four deaths and I looked online and it said monsters get stronger as my survival bonus goes up and it was at about 70%,so I thought that was it so I kept playing in the desert and got the regualr health potion instead of the light health potion I used those when I was really low and I got really low a lot because of the scorpions,and the guys on the scarab and the regular guys that teleport to your spot if you will I call em' sand mages. I kept dying though and my mount keeps dying as well I don't know whtas up maybe I should go back and do some regular quests and get my level up from a level 40 SW to about 50 or so before I go to the jungle because I alreayd took out the boss in the desert(Died once during that)I just don't knwo if im ready for the jungle.

I don't know what it is and im getting really frustrated with so I hope ya'll can help me,please.

-Shadow.

:unsure:

We need some more information:

a) skills

b) modifications

c) gear and socketing

d) attributes (what you spent points in)

e) character type (shadow warrior, seraphim, etc.... should have been a) )

f) god spell

g) combos (what fills your 4 slots)?

Edited by claudius
Ok,so I start the game out with a about 4 deaths because it was my experimental character and I tried new things that didn't work.(For the record this was my first time playing.)Well I only had four death up to the point when I get to the desert for some reason I died the first time since I started the game with those four deaths and I looked online and it said monsters get stronger as my survival bonus goes up and it was at about 70%,so I thought that was it so I kept playing in the desert and got the regualr health potion instead of the light health potion I used those when I was really low and I got really low a lot because of the scorpions,and the guys on the scarab and the regular guys that teleport to your spot if you will I call em' sand mages. I kept dying though and my mount keeps dying as well I don't know whtas up maybe I should go back and do some regular quests and get my level up from a level 40 SW to about 50 or so before I go to the jungle because I alreayd took out the boss in the desert(Died once during that)I just don't knwo if im ready for the jungle.

I don't know what it is and im getting really frustrated with so I hope ya'll can help me,please.

-Shadow.

:unsure:

The desert can be very challenging the first time in. As some of the others have asked, we would like to here more detail on your build. the specifics really are important as this game is all about the build. there is a lot of different damage types in the desert and if your armor is not set-up for it. or you don't have enough HP or defense( defense value, chance to evade, block etc) you may be just a punching bag for all the desert monsters out there.

For the record the champion Scorps in the desert are nasty buggers! and the giant green ones... watch out!

Your on console so you can wear 6 relics. what element types are you wearing?

I can guess at a few things off the top of my head. Your at level 40 with or had 70%SB. Shadow Warrior. I'm guessing your on bronze yet as you should be a bit higher in level for that SB and having died 4 times means to me your grinding away and not getting any experience. And being a SW and dieing I can only guess you don't have your buffs on or relics adjusted for the mobs fighting or your gear is not optimized.

Once again only guess work here. Please send us your stats, like cladius asked for. Including gear, weapons, relics, runes eaten, regen times, etc etc.

More info you can get us the better we can really help you.

In my book no Shadow Warrior should be dieing when your optimized. Fill us in, we'll get you fixed up. :unsure:

Edited by Furian67

At least, unlike the previous game, it is really hard to stumble upon the dragon in the desert. I can still remember exactly where not to walk in that desert.

As an expert on dying in lower levels... I'll guess some of the causes for you

1) Armour not at your level

2) Weapon not at your level

3) CA: either not enough... or too much read (light damage+quick regen, or high damage and waaaay tooo looong regen)

4) Poison relics not active

5) Poison relics too low a level

6) Moving too fast (thus aggro-ing too many enemies who run after you and mob you when you stop)

Any of this sound familiar?

The scorpions deal damage over time poison... so drinking green potions help you survive in the desert... as well as the red potions! (health)

Hope that helps!

Ok thanks guys and just so you know im not an idiot to the game I know a lot about it but I just don't knwo why im having trouble in the desert and no im not on bronze im on silver and im working on trying to get all the info you need but my brother is always im on ps3 so will get it soon.

Ok no worries, we'll be here. Smile, take a deep breath........... no one has doughted your game play. We are only trying to help with what little info you gave. Just wait for our responses once you give us some real info to sink our teeth into.

Here's the info ya'll needed sorry for being a little irritable had a day of exams and such on that day so I was tired and frustrated.

Character:Shadow Warrior

Modifications:Demonic Blow-Wounding Frenzied Rampage-Double Attack,Double Strike,Envenom Scything Sweep:Force,Intent,Rage Neither alliegance:Squad,Commander,Elite Equipment Skeletal Fortification-Rapid Fire,Ice Shards,Scatter Shot Augmenting guldon-Elite,Tutor

Gear/Equipment-(Note:Had better Gear and such when I was dying but I had to buy some more from the market cuz my friend decided to scrap all of my gear except potions and stuff like that):Helm-Casque,Chest-Culrass of Abundance,Shoulder-Pauldrons of Adept,Forearms-Vambraces,Gloves-Hull-husk Plate Gloves,Waist-Cinture,Legs-Greaves,Feet-Lyricts Sabatons,Sword 1 of Dual Weild-Battle Sword DMG 71-97,Sword 2-Saber of Injury.

Attributes:Str-140,Sta-142,Vit-161,Dext-103,intel-108,will-127

Skills:Astral Lord Lore-33,Sword Weapons-7,Constitution-14,Damage Lore-4,Tactics Lore-Ill put up later,Malev champion Focus-21,Dual Weild-21,Armor Lore-9

God Spell:Kuan

Combos:1.Augmenting guldon,Skeletal Fortification,2.Frenzied Rampage,Demonic Blowm,3.Demonic Blow,Spectral hand.

Difficulty:Silver

Please note I'm highly considering redoing this whole character on Dark please tell me if I should or not cuz I think I screwed this one up.

-Shadow.

You shouldn't have taken two weapon lores, either take swords or dual weild, not both.

I would suggest starting afresh and read the SW forums here: SIF: SW Forums as there are a few builds there you could look at, though I am sure the people here will have good advice :)

Being a shadow warrior, I wouldn't suggest buying any gear, as you cannot take bargaining so the quality of gear found in shops will always suck. Keep killing things and the gear you find will be better than what you can buy.

If you go Dual Wield, you don't really need a combo. Just use Frenzied Rampage for everything, just get its regen down to around 4 seconds and use it on everything.

Skills:

Astral Lord Lore-33,

Sword Weapons-7,

Constitution-14,

Damage Lore-4,

Tactics Lore-Ill put up later,

Malev champion Focus-21,

Dual Weild-21,

Armor Lore-9

This build is workable but I think you really MUST take concentration and astral focus!

The problem is you don't have concentration to put up defensive buffs. Take it at 50 and then put points into tactics and malevolent to mod reflective emanations to block ranged/magic/idol. Idol will be for your skeletons...

I would take Astral Lord Focus at level 65 and keep putting points in astral lord lore. The next 3 mod points go in creep, fade, and sinister pact for shadow veil. At that point you'll be pretty much invulnerable so long as you don't accidentally left click....

skeletons + invisible > skeletons + reflecting

But the goal is to have 3 buffs with concentration 75

Until that point look for gear with sockets. Socket any evasion amulets that you find. Put 4-5 anneal runes in and see if that helps.. Use poison relics around scorpions. Around those teleporting desert warriors watch out for the fire trap. It actually does magic damage though not fire and it is easy to dodge. Make sure you don't stand in the damage!

You shouldn't have taken two weapon lores, either take swords or dual weild, not both.

I would suggest starting afresh and read the SW forums here: SIF: SW Forums as there are a few builds there you could look at, though I am sure the people here will have good advice :P

Being a shadow warrior, I wouldn't suggest buying any gear, as you cannot take bargaining so the quality of gear found in shops will always suck. Keep killing things and the gear you find will be better than what you can buy.

If you go Dual Wield, you don't really need a combo. Just use Frenzied Rampage for everything, just get its regen down to around 4 seconds and use it on everything.

Ok thanks I will start a new character and use this but how should I go about getting frenzied rampage to 4secs?

Death Warrior focus would be my choice. Grim Resilince is the buff that does it all for a SW. Hit point regen, hitpoint bonus, willpower bonus, lower CA regen. Unless you go with perma viel like cladius suggests this would be a must. Duel wield and sword lore both is just fine. But only put points into one of them. I would do sword lore till mastery or until your attack speed is maxed at 150%. When I get home I'll try and post more detail. iPhone can only do so much. Sure isn't a Droid.

iPhone can only do so much. Sure isn't a Droid.

Lol...do I detect a faint hint of jealousy there furian?

PS. I think that loco makes more typo's with his droid than you do with the iphone...so thats gotta say something right?

iPhone can only do so much. Sure isn't a Droid.

Lol...do I detect a faint hint of jealousy there furian?

PS. I think that loco makes more typo's with his droid than you do with the iphone...so thats gotta say something right?

lol that maybe true, but its no fault of the Droid! is ma fat finners.

lol... ok loco :P The driod has a physical keyboard doesnt it? I do wish I had one sometimes when I'm typin up a fair bit on my iPhone, but...I guess I make do. The onscreen one is done very well, it just takes up too much of the screen on sites like this where there isnt a mobile version so you are typing into a huge textbox and cant read most of what you've already read!

Ok thanks I will start a new character and use this but how should I go about getting frenzied rampage to 4secs?

Start pumping points into Malevolent Champion Focus. Get it up to level and keep it there.

Question to ask yourself is what are you trying to build here? What direction are you going? This build is very salvegable yet. Your buddy that sold all your gear didn't do you any good. If that's the case I would back up to at least the Orc lands and grind there awhile till you get some good gear back.

Easiest way to get Frenzied Rampage to 4 seconds is not to add any lvls to it for a while (it starts at 6.4 seconds), take concentration and MC focus early, and stack Regeneration Per Hit items so that you get time back every hit.

SV would salvage build but not all warriors can stand around and let their minions do the fighting, some of us like to do the dirty work.

Yes, the lack of buffs is a big factor, Shadow Warriors hiding behind Reflective Emanation and Grim Resilience can almost laugh at everything in game, there are only a few things my Shadow Warriors dread (mainly things that can debuff him). I made a triple buff SW once, but I still hid behind RE/GR until level 75 and the 3rd buff was not really needed by then (Poor skeletons).

Edited by colif