Keyboard commands/shortcuts

Another idle thought. You who play several different games - do you ever find the need to organise the keyboard commands to suit your needs, and if so how do you like to layout your keyboard?

I ask because, having an 'Azerty' keyboard, and being faced with games where movement is so often based on the Qwerty layout, this is a regular problem. WSAD may be convenient for some but is less so for us. Even then games are inconsistent even with these 4 commands. Commands for 'character', 'backpack' or inventory, quests, stand/sit, run/walk, select weapon, attack,journal, whatever - they are all over the place ... to the extent where I now standardise wherever I can. Even in the single hour's play I managed with Sacred 2 I had great difficulty with moving smoothly, and with keys which produced unexpected (to me) results.

It is noticable too that manuals for non US/English versions do not show commands for the keyboards normally used in the relevant country. French editions still refer to WSAD and QE, which is translated on the French keyboard as ZSQD and AE etc; etc. Yes you get used to this for a single game, but when you move from game to game it makes life difficult. So I standardise ... forward, back, right left, turn R, turn L, inventory, character, skills, journal, quests/log, sit/stand, run/walk, weapons, spells - all as convenient to my left hand as poss.

Oddly enough the letter M for 'map' does not seem to be affected, despite being one row and three columns different on the two keyboards.

Do you have a layout? Maybe I am just dead ignorant and this is something everyone does automatically?