Ranged Staff Dryad Questions

I'm on my 7th or so Staff Dryad on the pc. Thanks to Dobster, locolagarto and Furian67, they make it into their twenties.

What I'm finding is my damage numbers get woefully low.

I survived this long because someone would come by and drop some niob smithed items on me to boost my damage. (Which works until the equipment needs

to be replaced... which isn't a big deal if it is gloves and boots and belt...but a big deal when it's body armor. I'm smarter now... I'll ask for those parts to be

upgraded in future (live and learn).

Without bargaining, my new Dryad is limited to something like 69 max damage on the staff. I have tactics lore at level, but still have a hard time. My RpH is 0.2--which means when I hit I generally completely regen right away--since I only want to hit groups. Staying until this group is killed slows me down... and gets me hit. Since I'm using fire or poison, have damage lore, and socketed chance for poison, I just run away to the next mob.

My Darting Assault is modded for Damage, DoT, and Rotate (360 degree hits). But I've kept it at level 1 for regen. I suspect is should be level 5 by now... like the tooltip says that CAs should be kept at 1/4 character level to be effective. (I haven't taken Capricious Hunter skill yet... I got stupid and took Voodoo Lore for Moribund Animous... which is a bad choice since Nature Lore would boost damage on Acute Mind {which I'm also not using yet}).

Did I break her by avoiding Nature skills so far? Do I need to increase Darting Assault by merchanting (buying at the vendors---without bargain skill) and/or socketing DA runes?

How do I get my damage up with a ranged character? I'm already pumping Tactics Lore to the max.

I'm a novice here. Please help!

I'm on my 7th or so Staff Dryad on the pc. Thanks to Dobster, locolagarto and Furian67, they make it into their twenties.

What I'm finding is my damage numbers get woefully low.

I survived this long because someone would come by and drop some niob smithed items on me to boost my damage. (Which works until the equipment needs

to be replaced... which isn't a big deal if it is gloves and boots and belt...but a big deal when it's body armor. I'm smarter now... I'll ask for those parts to be

upgraded in future (live and learn).

Without bargaining, my new Dryad is limited to something like 69 max damage on the staff. I have tactics lore at level, but still have a hard time. My RpH is 0.2--which means when I hit I generally completely regen right away--since I only want to hit groups. Staying until this group is killed slows me down... and gets me hit. Since I'm using fire or poison, have damage lore, and socketed chance for poison, I just run away to the next mob.

My Darting Assault is modded for Damage, DoT, and Rotate (360 degree hits). But I've kept it at level 1 for regen. I suspect is should be level 5 by now... like the tooltip says that CAs should be kept at 1/4 character level to be effective. (I haven't taken Capricious Hunter skill yet... I got stupid and took Voodoo Lore for Moribund Animous... which is a bad choice since Nature Lore would boost damage on Acute Mind {which I'm also not using yet}).

Did I break her by avoiding Nature skills so far? Do I need to increase Darting Assault by merchanting (buying at the vendors---without bargain skill) and/or socketing DA runes?

How do I get my damage up with a ranged character? I'm already pumping Tactics Lore to the max.

I'm a novice here. Please help!

Not using Acute Mind? Even unmodified at low levels, you should see a decent increase in damage. Try it!

The other simple thing is to ensure you aren't using elemental damage vs. enemies with that type of armour (too obv?) But that really shouldn't be the issue at level 20. Definitely you should see if you can get some +Darting Assault on your equip (or socketed) to raise the level a few notches. Eating runes at this low level may make the regen. too much.

Otherwise, it's just the usual suspects: Whet, Damage:Physical/Fire/poison, etc. Hard damage rings won't be great, yet. Deathblow will be pretty hard to get above 35-40%, but it is something to consider as well.

You definitley haven't "broken" her. It will take a little longer to get your defense up to speed without Nature Focus, so you may be taking it easy (damage notwithstanding) until you get your Ancient Bark and GGT modified. Go ahead and eat as many Acute Mind runes as you can get. Just watch the regeneration part of the cooldown+regeneration formula to ensure you can cover that with RpH within the 60-second cooldown period.

Acute Mind: Getting into the swing of AM. Have take Nature Focus and modded AM.

Ancient Bark: Now that I've got Nature Focus: I built a +16.x Ancient Bark Suit to wear for starting the buff... and I'm no longer in danger of dying all the time (when mobbed). Just suit up, cast the buff, store the suit in the common part of the chest (in case she dies).

Darting Assault: I have a set piece, some shoulders that add +2 to all CAs and +2 to Darting Assault, plus one staff has +3 to DA... so my poison damage is cutting a huge swath through the kobolds of Ancaria! (Sad and weak, but you got to start somewhere! wink wink)

RpH: I improved my RpH from my bargainer that is a few levels higher than my 'real' Dryad. So, if there are enough targets I have instant regen (if I score a hit that is! Attack rating is probably my next target for upgrade.)

Thanks for the encouragement and help!

Kobolds beware! StickChick3 is coming for you! :heart:

Acute Mind: Getting into the swing of AM. Have take Nature Focus and modded AM.

Ancient Bark: Now that I've got Nature Focus: I built a +16.x Ancient Bark Suit to wear for starting the buff... and I'm no longer in danger of dying all the time (when mobbed). Just suit up, cast the buff, store the suit in the common part of the chest (in case she dies).

Darting Assault: I have a set piece, some shoulders that add +2 to all CAs and +2 to Darting Assault, plus one staff has +3 to DA... so my poison damage is cutting a huge swath through the kobolds of Ancaria! (Sad and weak, but you got to start somewhere! wink wink)

RpH: I improved my RpH from my bargainer that is a few levels higher than my 'real' Dryad. So, if there are enough targets I have instant regen (if I score a hit that is! Attack rating is probably my next target for upgrade.)

Thanks for the encouragement and help!

Kobolds beware! StickChick3 is coming for you! :heart:

Woot! Glad to hear. Hit chance for the ranged dryad - you can see if you can find +x attack value, which will be multiplied by Sinister Predator .png Sinister Predator to help there. Otherwise, -Opp chance to Evade is the next best thing (assuming you have Predator modded for COCE (Marked Shot silver mod)

Edited by essjayehm

I found that socketing a bit of fixed damage LL helped quite a bit early on before I got the full Deytheyas. It added a bit more damage but more importantly added a lot of healing.

you can see if you can find +x attack value, which will be multiplied by Sinister Predator .png Sinister Predator to help there.

Not if you're using Staves it won't, SP has the "et_dist_AW_rel" token, not "et_AW_rel" (or "et_CC_AWboost_rel").

That's too funny. I really should've noticed right away when I saw staffs and asking for help with ranged dryad.

Oops :agreed:

Frosty -

Melee dryad - Socketing Whet will help with hitchance and damage. Then you can add some attack value +x and it will help. Probably best just to stick to the -opp. chance to evade :4rofl:

Edited by essjayehm