Breaking bad

I recently got to know this series, and I must say, it made it to my top 3 of best series I've watched so far.

General plot:

A chemistry teacher never did anything wrong in his life. he flies below everyone's radar, loves teaching, and is calm in every aspect of his life.

He is then diagnosed with lung cancer, and given a short time to live (can't remember exactly how long).

Tiny issue... money.

What else is there to do? Get an RV and start cooking meth is what I say. He agrees :)

The story takes you on a journey with the main characters (Mr White, and a former student 'Jesse'). It takes you to the world of meth, druglords, junkies, family troubles, disasters, god knows what.

I really can't tell you any more without spoiling the story, I might have told a tad too much already. But all of this is clear in the first 2 episodes, so no real spoilers yet I guess.

I've watched a fair amount of tv series. ranging from anime to 24 to lost to domestic programs.

This one is definitely one of my favorites.

I recommend everyone to watch it.

It's sometimes hard to rank series by how good they were, but I found this one very easy to put in place.

my current top 3

1- The wire* (seriously, this is the bomb)

2- Band of Brothers

3- Breaking bad

I figured I'd share this with you guys.

Other series I defo recommend

- Dexter (serial killer, but none of the 'watch me be cool' CSI weird stuff)

- Weeds (Housemom and drug kingpin? Who says women can't multitask)

- Rome (historically correct for the most part, cool backstory, good actors. I'm a fan)

- The Sopranos (Duh)

- True blood** (Vampires, but none of the Buffy the Vampire lame duck drizzle)

* It might not allways have a great Hollywood factor (read: Someone being assaulted by a Bigfoot in an exploding car while being chased by police zombies on an island with a crooked sherrif), but the story is just incredibly deep and complex.

The fact that you not only get the story of the police going after the drug lords, but a storyline about the actual gangs, that runs as deep, if not deeper, makes the story very dual-sided. This captured me to the full extent. This is my n°1 series, no matter how much I like BoB

**This used to be in my top 3 a while ago. but BB just kicked it out ;)

I am allso fully aware that 6 feet under is missing from this list.

I've not gotten around to watching it yet, but it's on my Harddrive. When exams are over I'll do a marathon and update you guys :). I was told it should make it at least to my top 5, if not 3.

This is a non-animated list btw. Otherwhise It'd be slightly different.

Edited by gogoblender
good, funny, post but just took a bit of the "raw" out :)