How or when do you choose "free mode"?

Hello,

Maybe this is a really weird question, I don't know.

But how or when do you choose "free mode"?

And since I am here anyway...

Why can't you get your own characters from single player to multiplayer closed net? I can get them in open, in coop, but not in closed.

In Closed, the characters are stored on DS's servers (which is the entire point) so that you can't edit them, nor can you change the balance.txt files (or spells.txt) to change drops/xp/etc.

In Open/LAN (or creating a private server in Closed), there's an option to specify what type of server you want to create - Campaign (default choice), Free or PvP. In Closed the servers are grouped by type (Campaign/Free/PvP) then difficulty (Bronze/Silver/Gold/etc).

Thing is, I didnt get the option to choose anywhere.

Tried it again just now just to make 10000% sure. There is NEVER the option to choose anything else than campaign. It doesnt matter if I go for open, closed, lan, coop, anything. ALWAYS campaign.

Edited by Denna1984

ye but can you explain to me how?

I never got a message that one was made and I dont know where they are :)

Sorry for the late reply btw, I am melting from the heat overhere...

I was wondering if it has something to do that you need gold or niob or something first?

Only did silver (and bronze)

Edited by Denna1984

No, you don't need to complete anything to be able to play Free mode.

When you're creating a server (Open/Closed/LAN) one of the options is for the server type, I think the default is Campaign, but if you click on that you can change it to Campaign/Free/PvP.

Made screenshots again. Where are they stored?

But you need to create a server then? Not just go to closed and create a character?

edit:

Found the option after choosing multiplayer. Thanks. Was indeed creating a server.

Edited by Denna1984
But you need to create a server then? Not just go to closed and create a character?

That's it. The Free mode is only when you create a new server. You'll be able to choose a name for the server, a password, the number of players allowed in it, the difficulty and the game 'type' : campaign (default one), free mode or pvp.

You got to change it each time you create a new server.