Mother nature's actions today

For those north of the us/canadian border how was the earthquake today? I see they down graded it to a magnitude 5 from a 5.5

The US news was full of other stories so there isnt much on the quake but Northern NH felt it along with parts of Vermont and most of NY state. where I am apparently is sheltered by the LARGE granite mountains the town nestles against and I think the granite absorbed much of the shaking but it freaked out some just a few miles north of the mountains here. (NH is not very seismically active so earthquakes, even small ones are unusual, just like tornados which we dont get very often either - we make up for it with strong regular winds and lots I mean LOTS of snow and cold weather)

Just wondering who here felt it ?

Dawn, hey! :) I had just heard about the earthquake today mid afternoon while I was at work. No one I know in Ottawa was hurt, but our neighbor across the hall, Peggy, who was in Oakville visiting said that they had gotten trouble with something. We're expecting her back soon, she will probably have stories to tell. She's 94, and she loves to regale.

:viking:

gogo

I was at work when it happened, and didn't feel anything.

But I was glad to see everything was ok at home.

Max

I suspect the professor types are scratching their heads... and coming up with new theories about earthquakes... Isn't Ottawa at the edge of the 'Canadian Shield' --the huge honking piece of granite? I always believed that was the most stable part of the planet... now... NOT!