Borderlands PC :(

I just bought Borderlands for PC yesterday, I was all happy to bring it home to play and to my dismay after it was installed it loaded up fine but when I was playing the game it was choppy as hell. Dear god that sucks, nothing I have done to resolve the issue has worked. I've got the latest drivers for my Graphics card, downloaded PhysX and even tried SLI. Does anyone have a solution? If not should I be entitled to a re-fund?

I just bought Borderlands for PC yesterday, I was all happy to bring it home to play and to my dismay after it was installed it loaded up fine but when I was playing the game it was choppy as hell. Dear god that sucks, nothing I have done to resolve the issue has worked. I've got the latest drivers for my Graphics card, downloaded PhysX and even tried SLI. Does anyone have a solution? If not should I be entitled to a re-fund?

Dang- I love that game.. works really well in full resolution (16x12) on my machine

Core2 Duo E6700

Windows 7 Ultimate

8 Gigs Ram

Evga 8800 GTX Video Card

Not sure what might help you right off. Time for fresh install?

I just got Win 7. But I only have 2g ram if that makes any difference.

My specs

3.0 Singlecore AMI somthing...

8600 GT Nvidia Graphics Card

Windows 7 home

2gb ram

Borderlands

System Requirements*

Intel Processor - Pentium 4 2.4GHz

AMD Processor - Athlon XP 2400+

Nvidia Graphics Card - Geforce 8600 GS

ATI Graphics Card - Radeon X850 Series

RAM Memory - 2 GB

Hard Disk Space - 8 GB

Direct X - 9

* System requirements displayed are based on recommended system requirements and should be used as a guide only.

..however, I doubt that's the 'recommended' system requirements, its more like MINIMUM requirement.. it's to make more sales and don't scare people away - nothing said about that it would run well with that config :)

could you post some more details, like what processes are running in the background, pagefile.sys settings, driver-versions etc...

maybe posting a dxdiag might help a little too..

at what graphics settings are you running borderlands ? did you try to reduce them to minimum/ disable vsynch/AA/AF ?

Edited by Rotluchs