Shield Lore Mastery?

It says in the wiki iirc that for shield lore mastery you get block close combat as a perk. Is this correct?

Already before mastery you have an unlock on shields with just 1 pt spent for yellow shields that gives melee block! (confirmed)

sooooooo..........

If you have mastery and such a shield will it be 2 sources of close combat block?

If you use a unique shield such as stalwort or glacial will the you still get the close combat block from mastery? (but not the item unlock of course)

In essence I am wondering if you get something special at mastery or if you just get a spike in the % defense received.

The "something special at mastery" is a (possibly additional) source of melee block. If your shield has that as an unlockable mod then you'll have two sources, if it doesn't then the mastery will give you one source.

Nice Topic Claudius. I remember for the Sacred Agent HE, I was twisting and turning for the last choice. R00ster has actually made a very interesting post about Shield Lore...how it's block at Mastery is SO good... that it's base and stacks...I actually spent a few minutes now looking for the post... alas...

Maybe someone else can turn it up? We can then merge the threads for everyone.

:paladin:

gogo

I love this skill :yay:

The mastery gives a % chance to block close combat even when not using a shield(stacks if using a rare shield). IMO this skill is a must for pure magic toons that don't get CC block/reflect from a buff.

Shield lore mastery when combined with the DM buff Runes of Protection can give % chance to block all when modded the right way :paladin: