Disabling Physx not possible.

Hi guys I have this problem, I can't disable nVidias Physx using the nVidia control panel, it seems that nVidia may have removed that option in their latest version drivers. Is there any way to disable Physx without uninstalling Physx altogether. Also I have a 9800GT card and was also wondering which are the best drivers for this card to play Sacred 2 Ice and Blood with.

Hi guys I have this problem, I can't disable nVidias Physx using the nVidia control panel, it seems that nVidia may have removed that option in their latest version drivers. Is there any way to disable Physx without uninstalling Physx altogether. Also I have a 9800GT card and was also wondering which are the best drivers for this card to play Sacred 2 Ice and Blood with.

I just installed the latest from the nvidia website. If you can't find the options under the nvidia control panel try reinstalling the drivers. I had a problem opening it the first time and had to reinstall

I just installed the latest from the nvidia website. If you can't find the options under the nvidia control panel try reinstalling the drivers. I had a problem opening it the first time and had to reinstall

What version was this and I assume your all talking about the Physx drivers. Is this for XP,Win7 or Vista as I heard that optimum divers varies depending on your system set-up.

I'm running on an Xp 32 bit system with an EN8600GT, a good friend of mine is running same system only build difference is he has EN9800GT. We are both running the same drivers with only an ocassional lock or Drop To Desk-top.

I'm running Windows 7 32bit, and the drivers are the latest nVidia ones, version 258.96 I believe. The only options I have in the nVidia control panel under Physx are Auto, GPU and CPU there is no option to disable Physx at all. I have tried reinstalling the drivers 2- 3 times with the same result. I have just done a decent google search on this and have found out that the option to disable Physx has indeed been removed from these drivers and to disable Physx so that it doesn't affect your game/s is to disable it from within the game/s and set it to CPU in the nVidia control panel. Seems a strange way to do things but there seems to be no other option.

I'm running Windows 7 32bit, and the drivers are the latest nVidia ones, version 258.96 I believe. The only options I have in the nVidia control panel under Physx are Auto, GPU and CPU there is no option to disable Physx at all. I have tried reinstalling the drivers 2- 3 times with the same result. I have just done a decent google search on this and have found out that the option to disable Physx has indeed been removed from these drivers and to disable Physx so that it doesn't affect your game/s is to disable it from within the game/s and set it to CPU in the nVidia control panel. Seems a strange way to do things but there seems to be no other option.

you want to select CPU. That is a change only in how it is displayed on the control panel screen. in the 197.XX version is said something different but in technical practice it is the same.

Also in the Manage 3D settings, there is a new option called CUDA - GPUs where you can select specific GPUs allowed to run CUDA apps such as PhysX. I disabled both for an added measure of OFF status.

Also just one other thing (saves putting up a new fresh post) is there any way to install Ice and Blood without installing the 2.43 patch (I think that's the one that started all the problems running Windows 7) or is a must have patch to install Ice and Blood.

Also just one other thing (saves putting up a new fresh post) is there any way to install Ice and Blood without installing the 2.43 patch (I think that's the one that started all the problems running Windows 7) or is a must have patch to install Ice and Blood.

The reason to install 2.43 would be if you have 2.40 characters that you wanted to carry over to Ice and Blood. If you don't, you can install Ice and Blood from 2.40. and for a fresh install I recommend this patch: http://download.nvidia.com/downloads/nZone...NT-2_40_0_0.exe as it will take you from fresh install to 2.40 without all the patches in between.(without all the hassles)