Does fire damage on a weapon affect Combat Arts

darkvacancy

Hi Tim

And yes it does

That particular mod is spell damage enhancer. If you're holding it, move your cursor over lets say fireball (E button) ...then switch the weapon in and out...you will see that the modifier is enhancing your fire spells damage.

That method is always a good way of testing to see if a mod is modding spell damage right from base.

:)

gogo

Okay cool, this makes for an awesome dagger than =D

Thx for the help gogo :evil:

Lol a few seconds after posting I found this sword

4sword.png

Before I was doubting between the + fire dam dagger and a sword with +5% find valueables, now I've got both in one ^^

You can get the same effect by using rings that have Damage %. I've got my fire damage upto 40% this way, really impacts on your fire damage CAs. :evil:

Darkmatters clan members helped boost my level 2 HE to Niob.

In Niob a level 2 shopper can find rings that boost damage 19.4% (at max) for a single element.

Socket a few of these level 2 (yet Niob) rings in low level equipment, and watch you damage numbers soar! (at roughly 4x the normal rate).

For spell damage, monoelemental rings like that really kick it up, and you can get more damage from themthan lets say smith arts if you shop well.

Get those traders up to Niobium and see the gifts of gods ^^

:paladin:

gogo

I've never been to niob, nor had a shopper before. But from my experience the items in the shops are 90% for you own class, and around your own level. Yeah rings are not class-bounded but they are level bounded right?

I've never been to niob, nor had a shopper before. But from my experience the items in the shops are 90% for you own class, and around your own level. Yeah rings are not class-bounded but they are level bounded right?
I'd say that items are about 75% your own class. Everything else you said is correct.

This is why it is useful having shoppers staggered at various levels so you can upgrade your gear as you get to that level.

Pretty much yes, but you will need a shopper to get the good stuff (yellow rings/amulets).