Creating a Farming Character for Mini Bosses?

Hi!

I just killed the White Griffin today and got a great 3 star armor, 2 gold slots for my HE. I went to Free Mode and farmed it more and got some more great gear.

I believe the drops will match your level, mine being at level 35. I am thinking of creating a new character, and farm it at levels 10, 25, 35, 50 and so on, just to collect good gear for every character (I am an item Addict).

Will this be a good idea? If so, which character is best? I am thinking Seraphim, I need Enhanced Perception and I guess a ton of good gear and mods.

My shared chest is near full though, is there any way to upsize it or what do you guys do when yours are full?

Cheers!

Great to see you having fun with farming. A couple of thoughts:

1. gear will drop at the monsters level

2. Set items have a minimum level of 15 and go every 15 levels after that. except the off aspect items which start at 20 and go up in increments.

3. any character would be good for set farming as long as the survivability and damage are adequate.

4. Most drops(not all) will be for the class you are farming with, so a seraphim to farm seraphim gear is a great idea, but maybe not for other classes.

Cheers

Another thing to note is the actual monster level some common farming boss levels are as follows...

White griffin

Bronze: level 4's or 15 set pieces which are the minimum.

Silver: 30's and 35's mostly set pieces

Wild Boar

Bronze: level 17's mostly, 20/25's for set pieces

silver: 40-50's

Sinister Prince

bronze: 30/35's

silver: 50-60's

I haven't been doing much farming(or playing) lately so those are just really off the top of my head for the most part. But it's definitely a good idea to look for a certain range of item's you want to get. That is if I'm level 50 I really don't want to bother with the white griffin, as I'd have to get to gold mode and I'm too lazy for that, especially since the wild boar on silver is just as easy to kill, if not easier and provides the same range of items, albeit of slightly lower quality. Hope that helps a little : )

Hi!

I just killed the White Griffin today and got a great 3 star armor, 2 gold slots for my HE. I went to Free Mode and farmed it more and got some more great gear.

I believe the drops will match your level, mine being at level 35. I am thinking of creating a new character, and farm it at levels 10, 25, 35, 50 and so on, just to collect good gear for every character (I am an item Addict).

Will this be a good idea? If so, which character is best? I am thinking Seraphim, I need Enhanced Perception and I guess a ton of good gear and mods.

My shared chest is near full though, is there any way to upsize it or what do you guys do when yours are full?

Cheers!

yay, another happy member! And you got served by Loco, no less.. you're walking away with good pearls ^^

Welcome to DarkMatters Artbox!

:)

gogo

Gasbomb, thanks for the tip!

I have a flash drive, a thumb drive, sans memory sticks and really all sorts of storage device. However, how do I use these on my PS3 and to increase the game's hero chest? I have cut down on a lot of gear but still stand at 1300++/ 1876 and my characters are level 30++ only. Imagine the space Ill need in the future!

Thanks!

Actually I was farming the white griffin on Bronze on the PS3 today and I did manage to get a Meho set at level 20. Do any of the set pieces get any lower than level 20?

Some of the Sets drop at level 15... they are the sets that are considered "aspect" sets - identified by the set bonuses they give (ie regeneration time: Exalted Warrior -15%, or Aspect: Celestial Magic +4). "Off-aspect" sets like the Meho's piece you found, start at level 20.

I would be intrigued by GasBomb's reply as well, because I do not think he is correct. I think he would essentially be creating a new profile, which toons from one profile to another cannot share chest items.

D'OH EDIT: I guess if you can trade (online), then you can get items from one profile to another that way, but I have 0 experience with that because I play offline only, sorry.

If you have a full chest, you can create some toons to "mule" some items for you (I create one mule for each character type, and then load them up with the sets, runes, etc that are of that characters' type).

But, at the end of the day... you do/will have to sell or scrap some of your stored stuff. Learn to let go, as hard as it is! :)

Edited by essjayehm