What are some good regen times on Deadly Spears, Fiery Ember, Charge Grid?

Okay I am back again just cant put this game down for longer than 3 to 6 months, even with all of the computer made gear floating around.

I have not really played the TG and Inquisitor. past getting to level 15. So I strolled on over to the guides read a few and picked following Tricky's guide TG is a boss killer.

Questions:

On console you have 4 hot keys on main screen then 4 more left trigger and 4 more right trigger, cna I place Battle Extension (passive on either the right or left trigger and still get the passive or does it have to be on the main?

How many runes should I dump into Untouchable Force and T- Energy Shroud?

I like to run around with a very long regen ember grid combo.. around 40 s in fact. You find a rythm that works for you as you draw a mass of mobs and then let em BURN,,,

On spears... early on id give it a fairly short regen and increase it slowly as you get more jabs as each jab is a second apart anyway.

On console you have 4 hot keys on main screen then 4 more left trigger and 4 more right trigger, cna I place Battle Extension (passive on either the right or left trigger and still get the passive or does it have to be on the main?

When you first cast Battle Extension (or Dedicated Blow), it leaves the passive effect for subsequent melee. If you use any other Combat Art, the passive effect disappears until you recast Battle Extension/Dedicated Blow.

Deathly Spears is... 2 or 3 seconds exactly. One or the other. Check Vaclaf's builds. I think it's 3.

Fiery Ember and Charged Grid... you're going to have to feel those out on your own, I think. There's a bit of a rhythm to them, if that makes sense. You gather a group of enemies, cast both, and you should be able to recast them by the time you have another mob gathered, or you should be able to alternate between Fiery Embers and Icy Evanescence.

1 apiece into Untouchable Force and T-Energy Shroud. Let your +all CAs level them up for you. ... also, check to see what Vaclaf says about managing T-Energy Shroud. There might be a point later on where it's safe to level it up. Probably not, though.

My TG (in AddOn PC) used normal knife attacks with reg per hit to recharge deadly spears. So instant rearge of spears if reg per hit is as high as the reg time. But reg per hit should wpork on the consoles.

When you first cast Battle Extension (or Dedicated Blow), it leaves the passive effect for subsequent melee. If you use any other Combat Art, the passive effect disappears until you recast Battle Extension/Dedicated Blow.

Deathly Spears is... 2 or 3 seconds exactly. One or the other. Check Vaclaf's builds. I think it's 3.

Fiery Ember and Charged Grid... you're going to have to feel those out on your own, I think. There's a bit of a rhythm to them, if that makes sense. You gather a group of enemies, cast both, and you should be able to recast them by the time you have another mob gathered, or you should be able to alternate between Fiery Embers and Icy Evanescence.

1 apiece into Untouchable Force and T-Energy Shroud. Let your +all CAs level them up for you. ... also, check to see what Vaclaf says about managing T-Energy Shroud. There might be a point later on where it's safe to level it up. Probably not, though.

Thats some great information, 3s for DS is what he says. I am glad to hear that because mine at this time is still level 1 with .08s so damage while finally come.

1 more question Combat Alert I have not modded it yet for a buff because I read some where that it is better not as a buff and to read tons of runes and cast it against the bosses is this true and why?

1 more question Combat Alert I have not modded it yet for a buff because I read some where that it is better not as a buff and to read tons of runes and cast it against the bosses is this true and why?

True. The simplest answer is that Combat Alert stacks. If you have the DURATION longer than the COOLDOWN portion of the "cooldown + regeneration time" equation, then you can have 2 Combat Alerts active at the same time. As long as you are using Regeneration per Hit, and have enough RpH to off-set the REGENERATION part of the "cooldown+regen" equation.

On the console version, I was able to have 2 Combat Alerts going 24/7, and a third Alert for 5 seconds or so, at character level 100-ish. This is very powerful, since IIRC, I was getting about +700% attack and defense values for each Combat Alert (so, generally, 1400% bonuses, up to 2100% for 5 seconds).

Sorry if you need more explaination, Zeus (or anyone), just ask! I kinda streamlined my answer.

Chowing down Combat Alert runes and casting it only against bosses (as you're describing) is one option. Or you can manage it for general usability in the way Essay described (which is arguably the best use of it). The reason people mod it into a buff is due to laziness: recasting it frequently is quite inconvenient for some people, and Battle Aura is still a solid buff even though it falls short of Combat Alert.