Does Tactics Lore affect your Astral Lord spells, like Spectral Hand

...but does Tactics Lore affect your Astral Lord spells, like Spectral Hand, or more importantly, your skellies? Same question applies for other skills like Ancient Magic (for skellies) or if defensive skills apply to them, such as Combat Reflexes?

Thanks^^

...but does Tactics Lore affect your Astral Lord spells, like Spectral Hand, or more importantly, your skellies? Same question applies for other skills like Ancient Magic (for skellies) or if defensive skills apply to them, such as Combat Reflexes?

Thanks^^

Welcome to Dark Matters Teewrecks.

No tactics lore does not affect any of the Combat arts in the Astral Lord Aspect. the Spectral Hand is a bit of a hybrid in that it is a weapon based CA but it gets its speed and Damage boost from Astral Lore. However Life leech and Regen per hit work with spectral hand. and the weapon in hand is used as base damage for the art.

the Skellies get there damage boost from the Astral Lore.

cheers

I would also like to add Ancient Magic works with your skellie tower after the 2 mod because you can pick magic or ice for damage.

As locolagarto already informed you about spectral hand that is why if you use this skill it is best to pick hafted weapons and get yourself one of those big old 2 handed Hammer to lay some serious damage on the bad guys

Edited by Zeus331
As locolagarto already informed you about spectral hand that is why if you use this skill it is best to pick hafted weapons and get yourself one of those big old 2 handed Hammer to lay some serious damage on the bad guys

So this brings up the question of whether it's better to go with Hafted or Sword Weaps, and which between the two have higher dmg used as a base dmg modifier for Spectral Hand.

Let's also throw into the mis that I'm useing a build that has EP, and am one day thinking to socket lots of EP rings into 1h swords, and therefore thinking of also possibly choosing Dual Wield. This would make the obvious choice Sword Weaps, to get the extra versatility of being able to use 1h and 2h swords for both situations (or really picking one and having the other as at least an option).

Also, any suggestions whether one mod has more benefit than the other for the second Fortification choice (magic or ice)?

With AM affecting Fortification, does that mean that Spell Intensity makes it stronger, or is that a strictly spell boosting modifier?

Any thoughts?

Edited by Teewrecks

It is either one or the other. You do not want to pick sword/hafted and Dual Wield. It is a waste of skills.

So the question is up to you but the best damage is going to be with a 2 handed Hammer. You also do not want to socket your weapon with EP rings either.

EP is good for two things 1st being chance to find valuables and 2nd it unlocks the experience rings/ammys

Let me throw a wench into the works. Have you tryed the Energy Staff? It is a Ranged Weapon Lore. Can be used with all the Combat Arts. When I have a clear line of fire I use Frenzied andf it shots like an Uzi. Very fast, faster than a throwing star. I will us Spectral Hand for the harder to hit enemies. Ones that hide behind bushes or trees or buildings and walls. Yes you can hit enemies that are between you and a wall. Gotta love that.

2handed Hafted is a huge damage dealer, but it is slow. Ranged is a bit less on damage but the fire rate wins out in my book. And It can be used with Shadow Veil if that is in your build.

Also, any suggestions whether one mod has more benefit than the other for the second Fortification choice (magic or ice)?

my choice is Macic as this will decrease their attributes. Whereas Ice slows their movement.

With AM affecting Fortification, does that mean that Spell Intensity makes it stronger, or is that a strictly spell boosting modifier?

Yes Spell intensity will make for a boost.

You have a guide for this Energy Staff

Hope this helps...as there are many to choose.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...27s_Annihilator

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Thunder_Staff

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...h%27s_Lightning

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...%27s_Pulverizer

Of the [4] 2-H ranged weapons, I prefer either Testa's or Thunder for obvious native modifier's.

I remain, Etherian

You have a guide for this Energy Staff

Hope this helps...as there are many to choose.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...27s_Annihilator

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Thunder_Staff

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...h%27s_Lightning

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...%27s_Pulverizer

Of the [4] 2-H ranged weapons, I prefer either Testa's or Thunder for obvious native modifier's.

I remain, Etherian

Agreed, On the energy staffs I like the ones that have physical, magic, and fire elements natural. I will not socket in a element modifier, and I like Damage lore, which at mastery gives enough damage that it can almost stand toe to toe with LL%

Edited by Furian67
Agreed, On the energy staffs I like the ones that have physical, magic, and fire elements natural. I will not socket in a element modifier, and I like Damage lore, which at mastery gives enough damage that it can almost stand toe to toe with LL%

Question again is do you have a build guide or suggestions of combat arts for such a character, all though my 122 Pure Summoner works fine but would love to give this a shot

I know the following:

Astral Lore and Focus

Champion focus, may be lore

AL

Riding (console) to unlock EP

EP

AM

I assume all Astral and Champion skills

Stats: ? I normally do a split 50/50 Stam and Vit.

Question again is do you have a build guide or suggestions of combat arts for such a character, all though my 122 Pure Summoner works fine but would love to give this a shot

I know the following:

Astral Lore and Focus

Champion focus, may be lore

AL

Riding (console) to unlock EP

EP

AM

I assume all Astral and Champion skills

Stats: ? I normally do a split 50/50 Stam and Vit.

I went this route for my level 101 Veiled Warrior, as of 08/23/10.

Astral Lord Focus

Astral Lord Lore [Mastered] [1]

Armor Lore [Mastered] [1]

Malevolant Champion Focus

Blacksmith

Concentration [Mastered] [1]

EP [Mastered] [1]

Tactics Lore

Ranged Weapons

Ancient Magic

Mastered all [1] at char level 75. Currently pumping tactics lore hard with [3] per level. Putting the extra [2] into both focus. Once these 3 are mastered. I'll start working on Blacksmith, Ranged, Ancient.

Opted to take Ranged over Damage Lore or Speed Lore due to the fact I wanted to be able to use weapons much higher then my char. level for the higher level native modifiers.

As far as Stats are concerned. [1] into Vit. till char level. 50. [1]/[1] Vit./Stamina. Then move to [1]/[2] Vit./Stamina.

Plan on taking this guy all the way to 200, not only for the experience of the achivement, but also to have a level 200 Blacksmith for character support.

I added Augmenting/Fortress into combo. Use Spectral not only as a sniper CA but also Boss Killer coupled with the combo mentioned before.

Use both Veiled/Nether. For normal exploring I chose to use Reflective while roaming. Furian talked me into using Grim for the *what if* moments that do occure once in awhile with this game.

In Niob, Rift will use Grim mostly all the time. For the added protection. Can never be to safe in this game as far as I am concerned. The *what if* moments tend to take you by suprise and therefore are completely caught off guard.

Yes, even when Veiled!

At char. level 101, I can honestly say, he is certainly ready for Niob. Taking out each Guardian in around 5 seconds. *give or take*

When he lvls. I always check the focus. In doing so, Rift can always have the CA @ optimal level. therefore doing max damage while not obtaining a malus pentalty. However, buffs I tend to keep @ +5-8 over malus. With Nether running all the time. His soldiers have a level or 158. Far above his 101 mark. Makes me smile when most minions will just cower in a corner or just stand there with a *deer in the headlight* look upon their soon to be dead muggs.

Hope this little tidbit helps... :)

I remain, Etherian

Very nice Eth! Congrats on :P 100 :P

Ohh and Good job on the Abashi Revenge. :)

Edited by Furian67

After looking things over before seeing this post I was stuck between ranged or damage but I cant remember if Damage was one of the skills that does not work on consoles.

This set up is the same as my DW Vieled with the exception of DW. Now if I am correct Tatics up the attk rating right? Also do you use Frenzy or not if so what are some good mod choices.

After looking things over before seeing this post I was stuck between ranged or damage but I cant remember if Damage was one of the skills that does not work on consoles.

This set up is the same as my DW Vieled with the exception of DW. Now if I am correct Tatics up the attk rating right? Also do you use Frenzy or not if so what are some good mod choices.

I tend to make the most ouf of this build. Using both Malevolant Champion & Astral trees mostly. When I get tired of Spectral Hand, I swap out a Testa's for Thunder Staff. Thunder Staff is crazy with Frenzied Rampage. Like Furian said earlier, "shoots like an Uzi".

Fully moded my Frenzied is as follows: Double Attack, Double Strike, Vampire. [Thunder Staff]

Fully moded my Spectal Hand is as follows: Swiftness, Intent, Double Attack. [Testa's Anni.]

I also failed to point out [1] amazing fact about this build. All builds I make opt for the Holos Bro's buff suit. Found here: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15294

Rift has 2x buff suits already made and uses after every server reset. [1] Lucerti's socketed with Nether All. [2] Denderan's socketed with Reflective. When he gets into Niob, I will sift through some mules and make a Armantin's socketed with Grim Res. & probably drop the Reflective all together.

I also swap out my weapons once again when pre-buffing. I obtained a sword with [3] sockets, coupled with a [2] socketed shield. Smithed in +all skill jewelry.

It can become a burden @ times with all of the gear shifting. But in the end, once your used to the semi-micromanagement, it becomes second nature.

Hope this helps...

I remain, Etherian

~p.s.~ nearly forgot. Tactics does not effect att. rating. The skill adds to your base damage & chance to land critical hits. Look to Ranged Weapons Lore to find your att. value, speed value & use of higher level. weapons.

Damage lore seems to work fine pre-mastery. Valcaf (Temple Guardian Lost Fusion master) tested, and that for Fallen Angel and console versions, the mastery bonuses of increased damage and DoT time do not work.

Since it is the mastery effects that are desireable for Damage Lore,I would say not to take it on consoles.