Death Count Penalty? (PS3)

Warning: Post not so constructive as typing on ps3 is a pain in the...

Here's the story: Fighting 2 guardians at the sametime and accidentaly changed tv channel... boom level 110 with 0 death, dies...

So, is there a difference between two identical hero (same build, armor, attribute AND survival bonus), one that died once/few times, VS one that never died? How about in the end game both (lvl200) with 100% survival bonus, one died and one never?

Warning: Post not so constructive as typing on ps3 is a pain in the...

Here's the story: Fighting 2 guardians at the sametime and accidentaly changed tv channel... boom level 110 with 0 death, dies...

So, is there a difference between two identical hero (same build, armor, attribute AND survival bonus), one that died once/few times, VS one that never died? How about in the end game both (lvl200) with 100% survival bonus, one died and one never?

Yes and no, meaning if all deaths happened early enough so both characters are able to recover all of the survival bonus then no problems.

However, there would be a difference if one of the level 200 had a death in his early levels and the the other had it real late in the game. The survival bonus would not be the same if they both were to hit 200 at the same time.

The problem at least on the 360 console is not to many people put the 200 hours in to getting a character to level 200. One it is hard because you really cant find a niob game after level 100.

The other problem on 360 is you can get to 200 using the exploited items and reach 200 in 20 to 30 hours but your survival bounus it very low because you really did not kill much or even no kills. Yes zero kills.

Hope that helps

I thought you can get SB back up by spending time In-combat? Am I wrong? Does SB stop increasing after you reach lvl200?

No it does not stop increasing but when you are low level your mainly going toe to toe no matter what character which causes the SB to raise pretty quickly. But most people once they hit 200 start a new character and use the level 200 for bargin skill if they took it for shopping.

See you can take a low level character with some damage mitigation a good shield and a good buff with no reflection modded and walk into a pack of koldbolds and let them whack on you using potions every once in awhile so you dont die and raise your SB very quickly. The key here is not dieing and letting them hit you.

When you are a higher character with maxed masteries and combat arts you are not really putting your life in danger like you were with your low level in silver.

Remember SB raises the level of monster you are fighting so if you were to die at level 190 with a very high SB the monsters were most likley 20 levels or so higher than your level. Once you die they are back to your level which is less xp, not so good drops. Also dont forget past 50% SB takes a long time to raise.

Edited by Zeus331
The other problem on 360 is you can get to 200 using the exploited items and reach 200 in 20 to 30 hours but your survival bounus it very low because you really did not kill much or even no kills. Yes zero kills.

Hope that helps

I had seen this mentioned before... level 200 in 20-30 hours? I don't see how that would be possible, unless you had like +1000% experience per kill? And maybe found some kind of mini-boss or champion factory that automatically spits another boss/champion out the moment you kill the first one? :P

But then you say "your survival bonus is very low because you realy did not kill much or even no kills." Please elaborate!

Hope that helps

I had seen this mentioned before... level 200 in 20-30 hours? I don't see how that would be possible, unless you had like +1000% experience per kill? And maybe found some kind of mini-boss or champion factory that automatically spits another boss/champion out the moment you kill the first one? :(

But then you say "your survival bonus is very low because you realy did not kill much or even no kills." Please elaborate!

It is actually 3000+ xp per kill. A guy joined my game on silver, he was level 11 and I was 21. I just killed Gar (the golem) when he joined. We got to the swamps, so that means we went through orc region and seraphim island. He was level 98 to my level 25.

By him doing this he may have killed lets say 5,000 monsters although he was level 98. Compare that to someone who reached level 98 by playing through silver, gold, plat. and part of niob that is way more than 5,000 monsters therefore, they guy who kill 5,000 would have a very low SB compared to the level 98 who played through all of those levels. SB does not level up when you level.

I have seen a level 1 with a Axe when you cast a spell it kills everything in the max area allowed. The xp rolls faster than a voodoo dryad doing a desert run.

Edited by Zeus331

Good God, I didn't even know numbers such as +3000% experience per kill were possible. Makes sense that SB would be low then.

What is the largest experience per kill stat out there? I couldn't imagine there would be anything higher than say +50%, and even if you had 20 +50% experience per kill socketed, that would still only be 1000%.

Good God, I didn't even know numbers such as +3000% experience per kill were possible. Makes sense that SB would be low then.

What is the largest experience per kill stat out there? I couldn't imagine there would be anything higher than say +50%, and even if you had 20 +50% experience per kill socketed, that would still only be 1000%.

That huge XpK numbers come from items that someone with Xbox expertise "did something" (re-wrote some coding?) and unleashed quite a few "unbelieveable" items on the Microsoft Network.

That topic has been brought up (and summarily squashed) here at Dark Matters, for various reasons.

No clue what a "real" biggest experience per kill stat would be, but I think 50% a good guess, rhs!

Yeah its a modded xp ring or gear that does that for him. My friend has a ring that he took off some guy in a public match that gives +300,000 magic damage and +300,000 xp per kill. Its crazy he can make a char and get it from 1-200 in a few hours or 20-90 in about a hour or so.

So yeah since the game save files are client side and not server side you have people who mod iteams on the computer and put it over on their xbox. Its crap that people cant just play the game but whatcha gonna do?

Yeah its a modded xp ring or gear that does that for him. My friend has a ring that he took off some guy in a public match that gives +300,000 magic damage and +300,000 xp per kill. Its crazy he can make a char and get it from 1-200 in a few hours or 20-90 in about a hour or so.

So yeah since the game save files are client side and not server side you have people who mod iteams on the computer and put it over on their xbox. Its crap that people cant just play the game but whatcha gonna do?

Yeah, I seen the same ring your talking about along with the +3000 bargin / +3000 find items ring. But what was very interesting. I joined a public match last night because I restarted a new character.

You know here on this site they came out with a CM download for blood and ice well, a guy gave me a complete level 15 Insignia of Centuria set you can see it over at the wiki and a Gingerman Shield that had Stalworth Safe Guard Stats.

I must agree this is what is messing the game up but that is why I am trying to finish my last 3 achievements and waste some time until Two Worlds II is released. Hardly anyone anymore plays legitly and my friend jumped on his level 200 to do some shopping for me and indicated all of the games are PvP, I bet all modded stuff.

I just wish one of these companies can come up with something to stop people messing up these games. That is why I stopped playing games on the computer, have to spend all of the money to keep up your computer to be compatiable then next thing you know the game is messed up because everyone is running around with uber stuff.

Edited by Zeus331
Hardly anyone anymore plays legitly and my friend jumped on his level 200 to do some shopping for me and indicated all of the games are PvP, I bet all modded stuff.

Wow what a shame, please tell me this is just on XBox? Amazing how many people can get any sort of satisfaction from a game in which they cheated to get ahead. Maybe it is that other people are too accepting of it... instead of looking at all of these great stats and saying "wow you must be good, plz teach me" they should be getting flamed ruthlessly until they log off, log on and start playing legit. :)

Edited by rhs408