Im on the verge of being able to take my tenth skill and I'm thinking about Combat Discipline. My only thing is I dont really understand combos.

I realise that you can put 2 together and it will cast both those CA. Is it just a time saving tihng whereas you dont have to manually cast each CA or is there benefits form being in a combo?

What if you have two CA from the same aspect? Does the regen time of the combo include both CA or just the longest one?

Thanks

James

The main benefits of casting Combat Arts from combos is only when you have the Combat Discipline skill, since it will increase the damage AND decrease the regeneration time of the Combat Arts that are in the combo.

Other "benefits" from having Combat Arts in combos (even without CD):

You can set combos so you always have a mini-buff (ie combat alert) active and don't forget to re-cast it.

You can put 2 Combat Arts from the same aspect in the combo and use them (both) immediately. BUT, the Combat Arts will regenerate "sequentially" ie one after another, so it can lead to some loooooong regen time on your combo. If you use Combat Arts from different aspects, then they regenerate "simultaneously".

My favorite part of CD is having the ability to put 3 Combat Arts in a combo. Unfortunatley, there is some glitchy stuff on console where not all the Combat Arts fire from the combo (tested over a LOT of different situations, it's definitely buggy, but random/not predictable buggyness).

I have just been researching Combat Discipline and im kinda Being swayed against it by this sentance taken from the wiki

The Damage bonus from Combat Discipline affects non-weapon based (ie, spells) combat arts fully, but for weapon-based combat arts it will only boost the bonus damage from the CA (eg, if Battle Extension is giving you an additional +20% damage, Combat Discipline will affect that +20%, so if CD gives you +10%, a player will end up with +22% damage bonus from Battle Extension).

My toon is a sword/shield with death warrior and malevelont focus and tactics lore. I still like the sound of the +20% regen time and the ability to have 4 combat arts in a combo but feel like I wouldn't be getting the most from the skill if I take it. (Thoughts?)

My alternatives would be

Riding

Speed lore (Im assuming the primary role of attack and defence values is to discern if an attack hits its target, thus I would see an increase in number of hits)

Combat Reflexes

Well in that list, I'd say Combat Reflexes and Combat Discipline are your only options IMO. Do you have Grim Resilience or Reflective Emanation modded for Evasion? If so then go with CD. On the other hand, if you didn't stock up on defense mods and skills, CR will come in handy if you feel you're taking too much damage.