Need advice for last two skill choices for my Seraphmi

rhs408

My seraphim is currently level 47, she is a dual wielding caster, mainly using shortswords and staffs (have Ancrid's Blade and Ignius Magica equipped at the moment). No points in BFG, killing mobs with Flaring Nova/Radiant Pillar combo and bosses with Pelting Strikes/Baneful Smite/Archangel's Wrath. Using Battle Stance and Warding Energy buffs, possibly Cleansing Brilliance in the future.

Here's my current skills and point allocation:

Armor Lore: 45

Concentration: 8 (I know I took this way too early)

Revered Tech Lore: 19

Revered Tech Focus: 36

Celestial Magic Focus: 22

Tactics Lore: 9

Dual Wield: 12

Constitution: 5

I had been planning on picking two of these:

Warding Energy Lore

Celestial Magic Lore

Exalted Warrior Focus

Combat Discipline

Enhanced Perception

Now if can get away with it (if I can survive through Niob that is), I'd like one of the two last ones to be Enhanced Perception. But I want to make sure I will still have enough firepower and defense to be effective through Niob. My thoughts are that I may have no choice but to get Warding Energy since I won't be using a shield at any time, but maybe if I keep Armor Lore and Constitution at level she can handle it. I'm totally not sure if I will still be able to pack enough of a punch to kill bosses effectively later on I don't get any of the Combat Art Skills mentioned? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

If you wanna go with all three aspects just pick Exalted Warrior Focus and Celestial Magic Lore. Stacking Damage Mitigation bonus from gear should shave off a big part of damage, while energy shield and Hallowed Restoration (modded for regen) take care of rest.

If you want to have a pure caster, you probably should take Ancient Magic and Celestial Magic Lore.

Or you can get a hybrid melee/magic toon by picking Warrior Focus and Ancient Magic (but CAs from Celestial Magic aspect won't do as much damage as they would if you'd pick CM Lore).

PS. I'm not 100% sure if Ancient Magic boosts Rev. Tech. CAs.

Ancient Magic is unfortunately NOT available to Seraphim on PS3... that being said, what Seraphim Combat Arts will Combat Discipline improve the damage on? I mainly have flaring nova, radiant pillar, baneful smite, and archangels wrath in mind here.

• 4 weeks later...

With your Rev Tech lore and Focus you probably won't need Warding Energy Lore as those should boost your shield...I think. Would probably be best to double check the Wiki on that.

EP would help greatly in helping find some set pieces of gear and what not...I hate making toons without it and toons that can't get it I tend to shy away from as I like to have asap.

It's really hard for me to say what to do here cause I haven't tried to many hybrid based builds. I'm either ranged, Caster, or melee never a mix. The last two skills are really dependent on what your aiming for and if you want sheer power of rev and celes then you'll probably for sure wanna pick up celes lore and then combat discipline. The skill lists you have given show you probably use combos quite often, so that would help greatly, and the only thing that EWF would do for you would give you A.) Less Malus from EW skills and B.) allow for higher levels to be learned without the diminishing returns kicking it early. A lot will say that it would also give you mods for the skills in there but at most you use maybe Battle Stance and Pelting and through Tactics lore you can get the mods you need to mod those abilities.

I'd go for Exalted focus and Warding lore.

From my own experience I can say that the warding energy buff without warding lore is very much nothing. I always give as an example my shopper seraphim, who has 7k shield at level 140 because I didn't pick warding lore. 7k is really, really REALLY low - and that's with mods for shield capacity improvement!

Exalted focus is one of the best buffs in this game. It provides good attack rating boost, which means you'll be hitting pretty much everything (even the bosses when properly outfitted), evade chance and close combat reflect bonus.

This way you'll have a few debilitating combat arts in the celestial aspect, and a lot of offensive ones in the exalted/revered aspect. You'll be a bit low on defense though, but some careul play should offset that. My all out attack seraphim (parked at level 111 for now) managed to hold herself really well with the only 2 defensive skills - armor lore and warding lore, so this one should be ok as well.

Thanks for the responses guys, just wish you saw my post a little sooner... :sigh: I ended up picking EP and Warding Energy Lore. Stopped at level 66 though when my seraphim died while I was afk, haven't had the strength to begin getting my lost SB back yet...