Relationship between quest rewards and characters

Today I noticed something very odd...or perhaps perfectly normal :P

When my seraphim receives set items as a quest reward these tend to be...for a seraphim. However, every now and then she'll receive either 2 set items in 1 go or an item for another character class, and this is when it struck me. Up till now all of the set items I have received from quests were for characters I actually have in my roster. Up till now that was 2 seraphim's and a temple guardian I plan to train up to be smith and the set items were only for these 2 classes. Last weekend I created a dryad mule and now all of a sudden I'm getting dryad items as well.

Is this a known phenomenon?

Update: just got 2 items from 1 quest(yay!), 1 for the high elf and 1 for the inquisitor...neither of which I have in my roster :P

So either my theory is bonkers or it is time for an altogether different theory positing the existence of a gaming devil whose sole purpose is to mess with my mind...

Edited by Landrassa
Yeah, I've also noticed that with the mule, so if I have a choice of which mule to bring in I'll pick a class I want to get set items for.

Just to elaborate, I'm not talking about characters brought along into the party, I'm referring to the other characters you have in your multiplayer slots.

I do not think this is true. But I would not argue it for fact, because of all the funky things that are going on with Sacred... but I have gotten sets from every class even tho I didn't have any toons created of those classes.

Maybe we can consider this another "religous" sect of Sacred. :D so far we have:

Kill speed affects drops

Lucky toons / lucky servers

Hrm... looks like the Ascaron Dev's came up with the "most brilliant" randomization engine in existence :)

Heya,

would also have to put in a 'nay'. I get Inquisitor sets all the time, with not a single Inquisitor in any of my slots.

I do remember that with Fallen Angel, only the TG could drop TG sets... has long been fixed tho.... All I mean to say with that is: It is sacred... anything is possible :)

Greetz

Today I noticed something very odd...or perhaps perfectly normal :)

When my seraphim receives set items as a quest reward these tend to be...for a seraphim. However, every now and then she'll receive either 2 set items in 1 go or an item for another character class, and this is when it struck me. Up till now all of the set items I have received from quests were for characters I actually have in my roster. Up till now that was 2 seraphim's and a temple guardian I plan to train up to be smith and the set items were only for these 2 classes. Last weekend I created a dryad mule and now all of a sudden I'm getting dryad items as well.

Is this a known phenomenon?

Update: just got 2 items from 1 quest(yay!), 1 for the high elf and 1 for the inquisitor...neither of which I have in my roster :gun2:

So either my theory is bonkers or it is time for an altogether different theory positing the existence of a gaming devil whose sole purpose is to mess with my mind...

I dunno. Most of the stuff you get is for your character. There are a few spots, however, the consistently drop the same item - I forget where exactly - but there's one quest I've gotten a Niko's shield every time I've done/redone it. In fact, I've gotten a glut of those shields - all of which (except 2) are the same level, same stats though the prices varied. I kept the most expensive and dumped the rest of them.

Oddly enough, in all the drops I've gotten, I can't recall too many, if any, for the Temple Guardian -and I've got TWO game slots occupied by TG builds. You'd think that would perhaps bias things in favor of the TG...

I was quite surprised the other night when I got two Dragon Mage set items 'Mavv's Vow' drop on the same quest at level 12. :) I didn't think you could get set items at such a low level. I thought you had to be a least level 18 to start getting set items, I guess you learn something new all the time. :gun2:

I'd roughly estimate something like a 40% chance for set drops to be your class and 10% for each of the other classes?

Just a guess. Considering how much of the game mechanics is still unexplored, there could very well be a slightly higher chance to get sets for other characters you have.

Indeed. Tho I thought it was level 15 before the set items started appearing...

Maybe you've got Armor lore or something that allows you to use higher levels without penalty...?

I had Armor lore but only 1 point invested in it. Maybe it's because I went through part of bronze to get special mount and it was the first quest I did in silver that I got the set items. It was that quest you have to get the turtle eggs back, he dropped the eggs plus 2 set items. :gun2:

Heya,

you can start wearing level 15 sets at level 11, given that armor lore is up to speed. They start dropping at level 11-12. Because the levels are so fast, you would have to be a bit lucky to get sets at level 12 exactly. Doing quests is one of the better options.

Greetz