magic coup

entry0 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 1200, 2, 0, 9 },

entry3 = {"et_damage_any_rel", 400, 100, 0, 5 },

entry6 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 200, 1, 2, 9 },

demonic blow

entry0 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 1300, 2, 0, 9 },

entry2 = {"et_damage_any_rel", 400, 100, 0, 5 },

entry6 = {"et_weapondamage_poison", 40, 10, 4, 9 },

I looked a bit and I found 3 entries into weapon combat arts which combat discipline may effect:

"et_mult_weapondamage" --- The multiplier to weapon damage

"et_damage_any_rel" --- a x% bonus

"et_weapondamage_poison" --- additional base damage (in this case poison)

Sacredwiki reads:

The Damage bonus from Combat Discipline affects non-weapon based (ie, spells) combat arts fully, but for weapon-based combat arts it will only boost the bonus damage from the CA (eg, if Battle Extension is giving you an additional +20% damage, Combat Discipline will affect that +20%, so if CD gives you +10%, a player will end up with +22% damage bonus from Battle Extension).

I do not really understand how these 22% will be calculated, because the extra damage from battle extensions combat to a normal hit can be from the weapon damage multiplier and the x% relative damage build into the combat art. How will combat discipline work if we take a weapon combat art which adds base damage?

Are there any weapon combat arts which are not affected by combat discipline?

Has anyone damage numbers with and without combat discipline?

I have an elf @ 62 with a free skill pick. Will report back tomorrow.

I have been pulling my hair out lately trying to formulate weapon-based CA damage. I was close a while back but having issues remembering exactly what I did to get it to come close to the tooltip displays.

No, those numbers wouldn't change with Tactics Lore. My understanding is that % bonuses aren't affected by Lores (generally).

Claudius, I'd expect that CD would boost the "et_damage_any_rel" amount, though I don't know if it would be multiplicative or additive. I tried working out how CD boosts damage but couldn't get anywhere.

No, those numbers wouldn't change with Tactics Lore. My understanding is that % bonuses aren't affected by Lores (generally).

Claudius, I'd expect that CD would boost the "et_damage_any_rel" amount, though I don't know if it would be multiplicative or additive. I tried working out how CD boosts damage but couldn't get anywhere.

So basically Combat discipline is added to CA damage before bonus damage given by Tactics to weapon CAs?

Well, I drove home last night through a twicked thunderstorm. Power was out when I got home, and was not restored until 4AM. I did jump on for 5 mins this morning, to test CD with my elf. Because it was rushed, these numbers are "guessed" at the average damage, since each damage number is slightly different due to spell intensity/resistance checks.

Blazing Tempest - before 300-350 initial, with 99-135 DoT

Blazing Tempest - after 375-400 initial, and 135-155 DoT(surprising to me, I didn't think CD would affect the DoT).

Glacial Thorns - before 287 damage per thorn, after 380.

Magic Coup - before 1400-1500, after 1600-1700.

Combat Discipline was soft level 48, the listed damage bonus was +1003 (I believe that means +100.3%)