Is it worth it to do the Class Quest?

if this is the wrong spot I appologize in advance!

so me and my GF are deciding its time to get into gold, so last night we started to work on the main quest, got up to seraphim island in about 2 hours from like sloeford lol. along the way I realized that I have a class quest along with the main quest! maybe I should actually read the stuff! :)

so that got me to questioning and I need some help from ppl that have done the quest, is it worth it to do it? like am I missing 3 lvls worth of experience and a really sick HE only item? if it is worth it would it be a good idea to join my GF game and do her class quest also?

I do appologize for asking this, as I could just check the wiki, but im stuck at work and for the next 8 hours all I got are these boards! :)

cheers!

if this is the wrong spot I appologize in advance!

so me and my GF are deciding its time to get into gold, so last night we started to work on the main quest, got up to seraphim island in about 2 hours from like sloeford lol. along the way I realized that I have a class quest along with the main quest! maybe I should actually read the stuff! :)

so that got me to questioning and I need some help from ppl that have done the quest, is it worth it to do it? like am I missing 3 lvls worth of experience and a really sick HE only item? if it is worth it would it be a good idea to join my GF game and do her class quest also?

I do appologize for asking this, as I could just check the wiki, but im stuck at work and for the next 8 hours all I got are these boards! :)

cheers!

I'd have to say it's a matter of perspective. Sounds like you two are simply blasting through the main quest and are leaving the side quests behind. The class quest for the high elf has some good bits to it, it's a pretty good story line up until you get to the last two parts. The Legendary item you get when you complete the final quest is OK.. Nothing uber cool to write home about.

But... There ARE a lot of things you might want to consider doing - like the side quests. They often yield lots of easy experience points AND then there's the matter of the drops you get from completing the quests. You get set items and other special goodies that mobs and such just don't drop very often. Completing quests usually yields higher quality goodies. There's no good reason NOT to do it all. You will probably want to make it to a reasonably high level when you get to Gold.

We did "some" quests in our playthrough of silver, I would say under 100 tho :) In gold we plan on doing as many as we can come across, and actually aim for questings. Basically our silver playthrough was trial and error and a major learning experience as this is my GF's first serious game and I am totally new to the sacred series! So this HE is actually my 4th character and this is her 2nd dryad :)

im thinking I might do both our class quests in gold maybe, as we are both ready for a little more of a challenge. currently the dryad island and wastelands are the only thing we have noticed a bit "hard" atm.

thanks for the reply!

cheers!

I've never been all that impressed with quest rewards, I've gotten a total of two uniques/sets from all the quests I've ever done, and that's with my level 126 inquis getting Bargaining mastery (grants better quest rewards). Really, the odds of getting a good rare or set are about the same as when you open a chest. How many "effort stars" are in the quest makes a big difference though - 3 stars or above at least gives you a chance for a unique, or at least a rare (2 star) item. Below 3 stars you will usually get crap, pretty much zero chance for a unique. Any 1 star quest usually won't give you much more than a potion or gold.

As far as you doing the Class Quest, I'd save it for Gold if you didn't get started on it yet. The HE reward isn't worth the trouble to go all the way back

well if memory serves this is a gold huntress of light I aquired at level 80

level 80

DMG:165-204

sockets: 1grey, 2gold

(serephim only weapon)

chance for deadly wounds +8.9%

experience Per Kill +14.6%

NB: this is an xbox360 version but I can imagine the weapons are going to be similar regardless of format

hope it helps

see that sounds nice! do you think the quest reward will scale with my character level? I have no problem with going and knocking it out really fast if it will give me a level 56 item that is semi decent/worth some cash money.

I will definatly do it in gold now that I know a item of that quality can be obtained! thanks!

cheers!

see that sounds nice! do you think the quest reward will scale with my character level? I have no problem with going and knocking it out really fast if it will give me a level 56 item that is semi decent/worth some cash money.

I will definatly do it in gold now that I know a item of that quality can be obtained! thanks!

cheers!

Yup, the class quest rewards are spawned at the level you are when you finish the quest. The damage and %'s on deadly wounds and experience per kill will be determined by both your level and difficulty (higher difficulty gives better #'s, obv).

The class quest rewards are typically weapons (the Temple Guardians' is a battery) and they all have 2 gold slots and deadly wounds and experience per kill mods. The interesting thing to note is the Dryad, Inquisitor (and I think the Elf) weapons can be used by any class (on console). The Seraphim sword, Shadow Warrior (2H axe) and Temple Guardian's battery rewards can only be used by their respective classes.

One last note - I do believe that the deadly wounds will stack on the console version, making these weapons more potent on the console than the PC. Food for thought.

Enjoy your staff!

what exactly is the class quest completion reward for the HE? Mine's on gold and I did the whole quest line (I think) on silver but don't remember seeing any items that stood out in my inventory after I finished the quest.

what exactly is the class quest completion reward for the HE? Mine's on gold and I did the whole quest line (I think) on silver but don't remember seeing any items that stood out in my inventory after I finished the quest.

darkheart got it right. All of the class quests give a rewards with the same bonuses, its just a different weapon/item. All of them have the chance for deadyly wounds, +experience, 2 gold sockets and an element socket.