What level will Incandescent Skin's regen be a problem for my skills?

It kind of all depends on your skills and the level of your Focus etc.

Here is a little illustration of how the CA level of IS is affected by levels. This is with IS unmodded.

Wow thanks for the quick replies. I'll immediately stop eating IS runes and start focusing on GI. I'm still a little confused as to why IS is increasing my regen times though.

the confusion is normal. let me see if I can explain further.

This first pic shows your character at level 25 with 1 rune in IS.

ISlevel1.jpg

you can see the regen penalty is low at +8.6% due to the 25 points you have in AP Focus.

The regeration bonus is -29.5%

for a net improvement of 20.9% right?

When you add runes to the CA...

ISlevel16.jpg

you see that reading/eating runes raised the level of the CA to 16. the regen penalty went to 73.7% while the regen bonus only raised to -41.7%.

for a net worsening of 32%.

So you balance this by not raising your CA levels too quickly. Add levels and points to the Focus will lower the penalty down fairly quickly. add Grand Invigoration will add additional regen bonus.

When you see your regen penalty is lower than the regen bonus you will see an improvement in your regens with the buff active.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers.

So is it worth taking then? I'm most likely going to use skills from another tree aswell as Pyromancer skills. I'm assuming it's going to be hard to keep the recharge times of those skills down however thanks to the way Incanescant Skin works.

Cheers.

So is it worth taking then? I'm most likely going to use skills from another tree as well as Pyromancer skills. I'm assuming it's going to be hard to keep the recharge times of those skills down however thanks to the way Incanescant Skin works.

That's why you also get the other two foci - Mystic Stormite and Delphic Arcana focus. You might even want to consider Concentration as a skill. All 4 of those skills will mitigate the regen time penalties and will bring them down to some semblance of usefulness. You can also mod Grand Invigoration with either Pyro or Mystic mastery and that will also cut the regens for the modded aspect down to size.

There's yet another way to reduce the nerfing of the regen time - armor and jewelry. There are armor pieces - aspect related set items in particular - that give you a bonus toward reducing the regen time for a given aspect. There may also exist jewelry items (rings and amulets) that also give a bonus reduction to regen times. Check with the merchant, the smith and the runemaster to see if they have anything in their wares that might help you out. In addition to wearing jewelry, you can also forge items in sockets on your armor and weapons that can also give you a bonus reduction. The bargaining skill can be quite useful for finding this sort of stuff.

And finally, when you get your special mount, you'll likely want to get one that matches the aspect you want the most reduction on. While the critter will raise your regen across the board, 3 of the 4 available will give you a reduction for one of the aspects. The reduction won't be as great as the boost, but it's at least something.

The key to keeping regens down - get the focus for the aspect you want early and drop skill points into them often.

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • 2 weeks later...

- regeneration aspect is more powerful than +regeneration buff... (But only for that aspect does it work)

There may be other factors and I keep focus MAX.. and I use niob recharge smith arts:) don't know if that affects this issue?

I found that 2x the +regeneration buff than the - aspect would keep my CAs recharge exactly the same..

We see this repeated with mounts..

They get a -33% aspect bonus...

The + regen is quite a bit higher. However the recharge of ASPECT combat arts is to lower the recharge..

Personally I ate 150 Incandescent Skin runes by level 50 and I had a bonus to recharge of fire arts. And penalty to delphic/ice.

Edited by claudius