Sources of Chance to Pierce?

I've been testing all kind of crazy ideas lately. Right now I want to test what happens if I give a High Elf a bow and boost chance to pierce real high while using an Area of Effect-modded Magic Coup. I've been googleing and searching forums, but haven't really found much on builds with a lot of chance to pierce. I was wondering, will it even be possible to test this? I am expecting the likelihood of finding chance to pierce mods on my HE armor to be zero, which leaves me with jewelry and weapon. I see the recurve bow has chance to pierce as a lv1 modifier and the longbow at lv75+. will a lv75 recurve bow and a lv75 longbow have around the same chance to pierce or will the longbow be better at lv75+ because the modifier is higher level? For rings and amulets, I don't really remember if I ever saw chance to pierce on jewelry, is it a possible modifier on it?

Edit: Nevermind the recurve bow question, apparently they're not implemented :(

Edited by Ygdrad
I've been testing all kind of crazy ideas lately. Right now I want to test what happens if I give a High Elf a bow and boost chance to pierce real high while using an Area of Effect-modded Magic Coup. I've been googleing and searching forums, but haven't really found much on builds with a lot of chance to pierce. I was wondering, will it even be possible to test this? I am expecting the likelihood of finding chance to pierce mods on my HE armor to be zero, which leaves me with jewelry and weapon. I see the recurve bow has chance to pierce as a lv1 modifier and the longbow at lv75+. will a lv75 recurve bow and a lv75 longbow have around the same chance to pierce or will the longbow be better at lv75+ because the modifier is higher level? For rings and amulets, I don't really remember if I ever saw chance to pierce on jewelry, is it a possible modifier on it?

Edit: Nevermind the recurve bow question, apparently they're not implemented :(

Chance to Pierce is an unlockable modifier with Ranged Weapons, and sometimes Ranged Mastery is needed to unlock it, depending on the weapon. The only way to get that mod unless you take it on a combat art (ie Glacial Thorns)

The mod on Glacial Thorns wouldn't affect my arrows though, right?

AFAIK, you are correct. Having the mod on GT means you would have to use GT to proc the mod.

However, the interesting question is does the chance to pierce mod on a weapon apply to GT?

However, the interesting question is does the chance to pierce mod on a weapon apply to GT?

Damn, now I got something else to test. I'll do it once I got the gold version so I can get s recurve bow from the CM patch.

Edit: I found an energy pistol with a chance to pierce mod. It took a while, but I eventually got both the pierce and Area of Effect to proc at the same time for some pretty nice damage.

Edited by Ygdrad

Damn, now I got something else to test. I'll do it once I got the gold version so I can get s recurve bow from the CM patch.

Edit: I found an energy pistol with a chance to pierce mod. It took a while, but I eventually got both the pierce and Area of Effect to proc at the same time for some pretty nice damage.

Nice info, Ygdrad. If you have time, would you be able to add your tested info to the Energy Pistols page of Wiki?

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Energy_Pistols

:(

gogo

Nice info, Ygdrad. If you have time, would you be able to add your tested info to the Energy Pistols page of Wiki?

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Energy_Pistols

:)

gogo

I'll add any info I can reliably test to the wiki. Seeing as energy pistols get the chance to pierce starting at lv1, one of my previous question pops up again. If a certain weapon gets a mod at lv1 and another only gets it at lv75, past lv75, will they usually have around the same values for that mod? Will the pistols, which have been getting improvements to that mod since lv1 have a better value on it compared to the longbow, which only recently started showing up with the mod? Or will the Longbow be better seeing as it is a higher lv mod?

eeeeeeeeeeeee lol llama yer right. Ugh..I have to get back into Super Graphics mode for those pix.. now where's that CD :P

Thanks Raphael , I saw your edit to Wiki you put in for Viperish Disease

Cheers!

:o

gogo