Christmas Island Mod For 2.40

DSW

OK so this may or may not be or possible for someone to make a mod that would allow me to play the Christmas quests in 2.40? I have the US version and have yet to be able to upgrade to Blood and Ice (which has a mod making it Christmas Isle Work). From what I can find (here and every other site Google has regarding sacred 2) this does not exist. If it is possible or if someone has already done it please let me know.

Thanks

OK so this may or may not be or possible for someone to make a mod that would allow me to play the Christmas quests in 2.40? I have the US version and have yet to be able to upgrade to Blood and Ice (which has a mod making it Christmas Isle Work). From what I can find (here and every other site Google has regarding sacred 2) this does not exist. If it is possible or if someone has already done it please let me know.

Thanks

At this point... I'd have to say - it's somewhere between "slim" and "none" and Slim left town. First off, the current fully patched version of Sacred 2 Fallen Angel is 2.43. The 2.40 version, while it's a major milestone, has issues and it's unlikely that anyone would give it the effort. If someone were to do a mod for Falen Angel, they'd do it for 2.43.

If you're really, really in the mood to play that particular quest, your options are fairly straightforward.

1.) You can uninstall Sacred 2 entirely, and then reinstall the original game - and then carefully, manually patch your way up to 2.34 and stop there. You may have to disable the Sacred 2 auto updater for the duration. Bear in mind that there are a number of issues that later patches fix. You can get the individual patches from here

2.) Pony up and buy the Deepsilver Sacred 2 Gold (The EU edition) from the link at the top of this page or by visiting www.sacred3.org and clicking on the link there. After patching to 2.65.2, you can download the CM-Patch which can be found here

There are benefits, of course, of going the route of buying the Gold edition. You get the latest, stable version of the game, compatibility with Windows 7, and the two new areas to play in, and of course, the new Dragon Mage character.

Thanks

welcome to Dark, DSW! As Wolfie said, all the current work being done by the CM team is being done on the most recent version. since the licensing deal for the US version went out the window when Deep Silver bought Ascaron, the only way to get up to date is with the UK download.

hope to see you there