Survival Bonus

So, I have been reading that Survival Bonus affects the items you find and how much experience mobs give (anything else I'm missing that Survival Bonus gives?). I have also been reading that as your Bonus gets higher, it starts slowing down how fast it increases.

What I want to know is how do I increase the rate at which Survival Bonus increases? For example, does revealing more of the map increase the bonus rate? For that matter, what does revealing more of the map do?

Also, I have two officers sabers. When I put them on, my survival bonus actually goes up. Is that what it's supposed to do? I thought it's supposed to increase the rate at which Survival Bonus increases?

Finally, are there any other items that affect survival bonus or the rate it increases? Thanks.

So, I have been reading that Survival Bonus affects the items you find and how much experience mobs give (anything else I'm missing that Survival Bonus gives?).

SB indirectly affects drops and experience by increasing the level of the enemies you fight. The higher your SB, then the higher the enemy levels. It also directly affects your attributes, raising them by a %.

I have also been reading that as your Bonus gets higher, it starts slowing down how fast it increases.

Yep! It gets slower and slower the higher it gets.

What I want to know is how do I increase the rate at which Survival Bonus increases?

You cannot, AFAIK.

For example, does revealing more of the map increase the bonus rate? For that matter, what does revealing more of the map do?

Map % increases your "chance to find valuables", the one at the end of your bonus overview before your godspell info

Also, I have two officers sabers. When I put them on, my survival bonus actually goes up. Is that what it's supposed to do? I thought it's supposed to increase the rate at which Survival Bonus increases?

Using an Officer's Saber will increase your SB because of the way that "Faster increase of SB" mod works. It takes your "in-combat time" (which is the determining factor of SB) and increases it by X%.

Finally, are there any other items that affect survival bonus or the rate it increases? Thanks.

Just the Stalworth Safeguard shield on consloes.

There's some basic answers to your questions, Zaraki! Just ask if you want more detail about any of the finer points!