All you Dryad experts

I just came across an interesting thread that seems to suggest that ravaged impact does not actually work with a bow. (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/938603-sacred-2-fallen-angel/5634570)

Is this true? I sure hope not.

I am actually making two Dryads. One is a promiscuous little shopper who enjoys spreading VD to all inhabitants of Ancaria. She will eventually take DW to see if my idea about a Rogue type Vodoo Dryad might actually work. I want levels and I want them now. Do I have to go to the desert to get VD to level me up really quickly? Any other good spots?

Is there anyone else out there who has tried to use Bow/Dual Wield Dryad that also makes use of VD to weaken and level up quickly? If so how did it go? At least I think it could be quite fun to play. I know I am a few years behind here with my love for this game and talking about it.

I am pretty sure about most of the mods and since I have two very similar characters I can experiment some. But, for the last mod on Ravaged Impact most seem to suggest taking (Double Shot) mod but I think the explosive mod might be better for a character who uses both bows and dual wield. How is the explosive mod? Is it ignorant to choose this mod? Of course if RI does not work with bows as the link above suggest its kinda of pointless to take Double Shot.

Lastly, I should probably use short swords correct? Since this will take its damage from Dex instead of Str and let me pump dex for bow use and melee damage. I have to blades called "Ancrids Blade" I believe 4 slots and chance for double hit. I think I will probably use those. Good choice?

I am having alot of fun with the Dryad and want one of them to be my premiere character so I would love to hear from all you Dryads, all you walking Sacred Wikis are welcome to share to!

I just came across an interesting thread that seems to suggest that ravaged impact does not actually work with a bow. (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/938603-sacred-2-fallen-angel/5634570)

Is this true? I sure hope not.

Not too sure. I haven't read that post, or heard of any issues with RI/bows though. I just copy/pasted your address and the topic is "no longer available for viewing" at GameFaqs.

I am actually making two Dryads. One is a promiscuous little shopper who enjoys spreading VD to all inhabitants of Ancaria. She will eventually take DW to see if my idea about a Rogue type Vodoo Dryad might actually work. I want levels and I want them now. Do I have to go to the desert to get VD to level me up really quickly? Any other good spots?

Desert is the easiest place to get a spread going. With an Insect head, you need to be in an area with scorpions or scarabs. With a Barbarian head, you can spread it where the sandpeople are. The Desert is "wide open" - there aren't too many places you can corner yourself and can keep encountering new enemies the easiest.

Is there anyone else out there who has tried to use Bow/Dual Wield Dryad that also makes use of VD to weaken and level up quickly? If so how did it go? At least I think it could be quite fun to play. I know I am a few years behind here with my love for this game and talking about it.

I tried DW with staffs (Trystesta guide). There is also the Black Magic Woman guide/tread that KarruptedKat started for a VD-shopper. There is a TON of info in the pages of that thread, if you haven't gone thru it. This info is in the Dryad Guides section.

I am pretty sure about most of the mods and since I have two very similar characters I can experiment some. But, for the last mod on Ravaged Impact most seem to suggest taking (Double Shot) mod but I think the explosive mod might be better for a character who uses both bows and dual wield. How is the explosive mod? Is it ignorant to choose this mod? Of course if RI does not work with bows as the link above suggest its kinda of pointless to take Double Shot.

This is a complicated choice. I forget if Double-Shot give a CHANCE for double-hit or is it 100% double-hits? I liked the explosions because I was one-shotting most everything so one explosion could take out 1-5 regular mobs whereas double-hit would only kill 1 at a time (effectively neutralizing the double-hit).

Lastly, I should probably use short swords correct? Since this will take its damage from Dex instead of Str and let me pump dex for bow use and melee damage. I have to blades called "Ancrids Blade" I believe 4 slots and chance for double hit. I think I will probably use those. Good choice?

They're pretty good, but I would always be testing different weapons. I wanted to dual-wield staffs and using Acute Mind to boost intelligence, but RI did not interact properly on the PS3 and the staff damage was not boosted by AM. So I had to start improvising, and I eventually ended up with longswords. Typically you would want weapons with mods that stack with other mods you are focusing on (crits, double-hits, disregard armour, etc).

I am having alot of fun with the Dryad and want one of them to be my premiere character so I would love to hear from all you Dryads, all you walking Sacred Wikis are welcome to share to!

Edited by essjayehm
  • 3 weeks later...

My wife plays dryad when she games with me. and I can say it does work with a bow ...... on the ps3 at any rate. set up right it hits as it should, although with it being a bow enemies can dodge out of the way of fire :)( I have tried to tell he that blowpipe will be better but meh..she likes the look of bows and the bigger numbers they put out.