Has anyone tried Damage Lore for Magic Coup?

bbrocker

OK I've been reading a lot about magic coup and how damage affects it. there are 2 ways delphic arcania lore and strength from your weapon. And obviously tactics lore doesn't work which is strange since the high elf can pick it as a skill. But I was wondering if any one have tried damage lore for magic coup?

I have Damage Lore on my HE and it works great, it's a must have skill for a HE....As for your question, Damage Lore works with any sort of elemental effect whether it's a Combat Art or Melee Attack so I don't see why it wouldn't work with Magic Coup!

Edited by Sacred Guru

My only question would be, what would be to benefit?

Damage lore increases the chance for a secondary effect. The secondary effect for Magic damage is weakening. The limit is 20% reduction in attributes. So Damage lore may increase the chance to weaken but is is worth the cost of taking an offensive skill plus damage lore? (Magic Coup does not require or make use of a weapon skill or tactics lore) So they would be 2 used skill choices just for the chance to weaken. I believe magic coup will have a native built in chance to weaken by the amount of magic damage it does.

• 3 weeks later...

I made a fire elf combined with delphic. You have to take a weapon to unlock damage lore. Staff does good damage, but sword has unlockable mods. I think tactics is actually playable but that would be a left click build.

I would take

Pyro lore

Concentration (fire demon temporary with fire skin)

Pyro focus

Delphic lore or focus

Bargaining

Shield

Armor

Constitution

Sword

Damage lore

Spell Resistance (that covers the basis for pyro elf) doesn't fit though you can remove bargaining. I like bargaining on builds so they can shop as they go (shields).

Its a project for me I had something similar. I was going to go staff but I think the sword mods are interesting? Anyhow, so far its a fun build I discovered that you can pop pyro skin and GI runes like no tomorrow and even eat combat art runes to max. I was startled to see that it was almost like a nova of 1 fire wave with more range that clustering maelstrom.

Regards :),

Clauidious... time for something for my tummy heheh