Multiplayer Main Quest Bugged

During a multiplayer session, my game client froze just as the rest of the group completed a main quest. I actually had the white radius update effect frozen on my screen. I had to ctrl+alt+del my program and rejoin, but I got the message that I was out of synch with the server's progress and my campaign wouldn't update. I started my own, separate game, went to the portal on the starter isle, teleported back to the nearest portal in the area we were questing in but I don't have any yellow arrow or quest marker for the main quest now. In my quest log I can click on Multiplayer Campaign and it says to go to the starter city. But there's no arrow or quest circle and regardless of where I teleport or ride to, I don't get any updates.

Am I completely boned?

Had you previously been able to start your own server and show campaign progress?

the reason I as is because you can join another players campaign, that has already started and follow the progress, but it will not save for your character. The only way for multiple players in the same server to progress together is for the player with the least progress, or none at all, to start the server and have the other more advanced players join.

I had previously gotten out of sync with the other characters and been able to start my own multiplayer game to catch up but I think I played with the other players. They joined my session and I caught up, then we closed that game and the original host player started a new one and we continued.

Maybe I can catch up the next time we play by starting the multiplayer session and having them join me.

Edited for Update: When the rest of the group came back and I started a game, I still had no quest update indicator or yellow arrow. So we went back to the last few places we'd completed main quests at. I found an NPC that had no yellow question mark, but who was part of the quest. I clicked on him anyway and I got the update. I slingshot to the same spot as the rest of the group. So I guess it worked out in the end, even if it was frustrating.

Edited by offshore33