Configuring Hamachi

I wonder if any of you could recommend me a way to get Sacred to work with Hamachi. I played Sacred campaign together with my friends in real LAN multiplayer some time ago. Now we want to resume this fun. But nowadays we don't have enough time to gather together and play via real LAN. Using virtual LAN like the one Hamachi offers could solve this problem... but I can't get it to work with Sacred. Maybe you could suggest something or link me to a good how-to-do that really works (unlike some recomendations I tried already).

What OS are you using? Vista/7 require to switch connection type to "ISDN" just to be able to connect to servers.

When I tried to play with my friend (I'm using 7 and he's using Vista) after we configured anything, still there was nothing. Looks like server should be a PC running under WinXP.

However maybe you would like to have a look on a vk.com group of Sacred Underworld players: http://vk.com/club8640958. We play over Hamachi, have a lot of networks there. Servers are hosted by admin, so they are visible/accessible from any network.

Edited by ololcat

As I remember we tried to play under WinXP x32 for all computers, since some old games have issues with Vista/7. And some people in our little party have XP only. We just were not sure that Sacred itself would work correctly with 7 and that heterogeneous network would be stable, so we just opted for WinXP. That didn't help.

We were trying the latest version that was available back then. That was version 2.0.2.85. Do you recommend to look for older ones? Do they really changed something to the worst?

Edited by Silver_fox

Well, Like admin of that vk group said:

"I don't know, but nobody ever got Sacred working with a newer version, so we use 1.0.3.0".

So yeah, I recommend version 1.0.3.0, it works fine for us.