Current Online Status PS3

Hey all...again...took some time off to re-play FF7 and now im coming back to Ancaria.

Just wondering what the online situation is like for the PS3 version. Most of the time I co-op with my GF but times when she isnt playing I will be online.

Do mics work on this game?

Im sure I will have more questions in the future!

Cheers!

*wow correct grammar helps!*

Edited by Sincere_420
Just wondering what the online situation is like for the PS3 version. Most of the time I co-op with my GF but times when she isnt playing I will be online.

Do mics work on this game?

You can find games, especially in the 1-50 range. 50-100 doesn't have as many options, but there are still games available.

I haven't actually attempted to look for a 100+ game in a while, so I don't have enough observations to attempt an trend analysis there.

Mics indeed work.

If yours isn't working (others can't hear you), try unplugging it and plugging it back in. That usually solves the issue for me.

Just keep in mind that whomever can't be heard is the one who has to unplug their mic. If you can't hear someone else, unplugging your mic won't work.

*wow correct grammar helps!*

Who learned you to spoke? :P

So long as we can understand what you're trying to ask, it's sufficient.

Feel free to fire off more questions.

• 3 weeks later...

I am around level 130 and usually host a free world game if I am going to play. Unfortunately, I can usually wipe out the entire free world in about 30 minutes, so the games dont last that long. Normally if I host 4 games at 30 minutes each, no one will join. If I did this every night for 7 days straight, on one or two of the nights one random person might hop in one of my games, and then leave 2-5 minutes later with no interaction at all.

After level 110-120 or so, there isn't much left to do other than grind for items or experience. Or, start another character.

I play it because at this point I find the repetition and occasional reward of a higher level set item to be someone peaceful and calming. It also keeps me from spending money on anything else that might be equally un-productive.

Unfortunately, I can usually wipe out the entire free world in about 30 minutes, so the games dont last that long.

I'm not sure what you're defining as "entire". All of the bosses? VD to wipe out all of the mobs on the map?

If you're using a VD Dryad, I normally tend to leave those games myself, as it causes massive lag to anyone connecting (and they'll usually disconnect within minutes anyways).

This might explain why they're not actually interacting, as they're in massive lag upon connecting and can't actually do anything. They're usually booted at some point (and have to force their system off in order to drop from your hosted game on their end).

I meant the bosses.

I have a pure melee SW so I shouldn't cause much lag for anyone joining.

That statement reminded me of how unfortunately laggy the spells made the console version of Sacred. Even in offline. The reason it is unfortunate is that the PS3 is more than capable of producing those kinds of particle effects with ease. It was probably due to bad porting.

I really hope Sacred 3 does it right for consoles this time around. :butcher:

• 1 month later...

unfortunately the ps3 seems to be pretty dead after level 100, xbox version was almost as bad but I cant say on that now since im a ps3 player now, its probably down to the bugs, I have to admit losing my 5th save file to corruption because of constant crashing is making me have doubts about restarting

Ohhh crap im new to Sacred 2 on ps3 just started a dyrad kinda noticed this last nite I think. hmmm what to do? btw ive heard mic works good 2 people then it gets weird more people. should I host a private for 2 with campain on bronze? I just want the most available players:) Dave