Death Spank!

I can say I am a little surprised not to see anything about this nice and overall quite attractive RPG. Made by the famous Ron Gilbert (see Monkey Island), Death Spank features a weld of the unique humor of the hilarious Point-and-Click series and thoughtful RPG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoUZwfK2owU

Players spoiled by sacreds Questmarker system might be annoyed by the total absence of one. After a moments confusion I found it quite interesting, to have to navigate after map regions and landmarks based on what little the dialog and the questnotes have to offer. Its definitely sth. to give your brainscells an airing to get them start squeaking again. :)

You can get hints about what to do with a specific quest, by spending the common currency for that: Fortune Cookies! Breaking of them unlocks hints in your questbook.

The Weaponry is hilarious and offers very nice and epic special moves when you have unlocked them with runes collected by killing important bosses.

Also interesting is the very simple armor system: Armor offers just an increase in Hitpoints. End of story. Okay, once in a while there is a resistance to a special kind of damage on a piece but that's it.

Death Spank has no stats in the strict sense, you get a choice of hero cards to collect that increase Melee or Distance Damage or elongate your blocking etc.

The Combat system is somewhat rich: Block you enemies blows in the right moment to gain the optimal opportunity to strike back at them. Use left and right hand weapons in alteration to build up your Damage multiplier as well as your "Justice Meter" and unleash an epic and devastating special attack when it's full. Its fun, it's addictive and also challenging to learn all the moves and combinations of weaponry and one-time-use gadgets the game offers.

If you are into shrewd and sometimes black and cynical humor and like to think sometimes about how to solve or where to get the stuff you need for a quest, you are at home with Death Spank.

All in all: For as little as 15 Dollars you get a lot of fun and game for your money over at steam.

I haven't tried the expansion "Thongs of Virtue", which is apparently Act II and III to the first Part, but I sure will dive into it once I finished the first game.