Expulse Magic on PS3

Just wondering if Expulse Magic is worth taking Delphic Focus to 41 to fully mod it? I already have 9 into focus for GI 3 mods and I see that the mods on Expulse I would pick str of banish, negative detrimental effects and protection.

I have never used Expulse Magic so I dont know how to use it. Can someone also explain that? Do I use it as soon as I see an enemy. I really dont care for the fear factor cuz im playing with a seraphim who is my "tank" if you will but I want to protect us from nasty spells in later playthroughs.

And the spell banishment potential I see grows higher with CA lvls..with the str mod and mx lvls of CA lvls is that going to be enough for later level spells? For example I would eat runes to get the banish level nice and high even if I went over penalty level.

Cheers and thanks for any helps/feedback.

Well, it would only require 31 hard points to get 3 more mod points in Delphic Aspect. :)

IMO, Expulse is mostly good only for the fearing effect. It is also extremely annoying because of the fear effect (for melee toons)! This is in a general sense, there are a few specific instances where the other effects are useful... but on the console version I have never been 1-shotted by a spell combat art.

Lately, I've been paying attention to the Combat Arts, and I am now of the opinion that weapon-based Combat Arts are treated as ranged/melee attacks and not as "spells" per se. So, for Expulse, this means banishing spells only affects things like Fen Fire/Garema lightning attacks, Pirate/Olm/Sandpeople/TG "trap" spells (deadliest in FA, IMO), Ogre/Demon lightning spells, etc, etc.

I do believe it can come in handy vs. some bosses, most of them cannot be feared and they do have the most powerful spells. ie. Having Expulse up vs. Sinister Prince so he cannot Expulse is a "good thing"tm

But as a general rule, since you are playing with a melee toon, I would strictly avoid this spell.